Trying to get back on track!

Options
I had great success with myfitnesspal when I first started, losing 20lbs.

I've been off track for the last 3-4 months (gaining back 7lbs) and I haven't been running at all. I am terribly disappointed in myself but so ready to get back with it!

I got engaged on the 7th (of August) and even though our wedding isn't going to be until late 2013, I'm using it as my biggest motivator.

Let's do this!

Replies

• ckrella
    ckrella Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over what you've gained back. Focus on your new goals and you'll succeed in no time.
  • nmades
    nmades Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! I too am "getting back on track" after a few months of not taking proper care of myself - gaining back some of what I'd lost. I am approaching this as a work in progress so I don't get discouraged. Good luck! You can do it!
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    You sound just like me! I lost about 20lbs also and have gained at least half, if not almost all of it, back in the summer months. Starting in September, I'm going to be working full time at my day job, going to school full time and working on the business I just started... it's going o be really difficult to find the motivation to cook well and work out, but I really need to get back on track, too! Feel free to add me and we can kick each other's *kitten* into gear! =)
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 22 and then summer began, with lots of traveling, moving, etc., and I failed myself. I know it works, I've seen it work for me before. And you know what, it felt GOOD being in control of my weight. I was happier and more energetic when I was counting calories and exercising. I was more motivated in all arenas of life. Let's jump back in and control our weight, instead of letting it control us! You can do it, and so can I! We've done it before.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Most of weight loss success is mental. I know this from personal experience. its easy to find motivation to start something. sometimes that motivation wanes and you need to remind yourself of the reasons you want to be healthy and fit. if you aren't already doing this, write down your goals and your motivations for leading a healthy and fit lifestyle. read those every day.