Good books?

Options
2»

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    oh forgot a really good one....Heaven Is For Real (true story about a little boy who died and went to Heaven for 3 minutes and was able to live to tell about what he saw)!
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I second Water for Elephants, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Any of the books by Sarah Addison Allen (Garden Spells, The Girl who chased the moon, Sugar Queen), I have more but it really depends on what type of books you enjoy...
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The Fever series, i.e. Dreamfever, Bloodfever, Shadowfever, etc.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I just read water for elephants a few months ago it was good. I was pleasantly surprised I usually dabble in bigoraphys not fictions. I LOVE Angela's ashes, 'tis and teacher man all by Frank McCourt God rest his soul, Night by Eli wiessel (sp) and eat pray love was a good read kinda hard to read at some parts but I did love it all the same. I have also read some of the Chelsea Handler books she is funny and the books are light hearted so they make it fun to read.
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the Hunger Games series. I work in a library and read, a lot, but it's hard to recall books on the spot. I am reading Don't Breathe a word by Jennifer McMahon right now, so far it's really good...
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Personally, I can recommend Phoenix Rising : A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So Awesome! Thank you everyone! I will be reading all through football season now!!!! :D
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult was excellent.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman
    Hunger Games series
    The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
    The Handmaid's Tale and Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood
    The Giver by Lois Lowry
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
    A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult was excellent.

I loved that book...I love Jodi Picoult books.
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    So Awesome! Thank you everyone! I will be reading all through football season now!!!! :D

I'm not sure this is acceptable!
  • grimms11208
    Options

I'm not sure this is acceptable!

Does it count that I read in front of the football game so that if there is something exciting going on I will see it and be able to cheer right along with my husband? :D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    if you like crime drama/murder mysteries, the Rizzoli & Isles series by Tess Gerritsen and the Bones series by Kathy Reichs are both excellent. Tess Gerritsen also writes some really good medical dramas.

For fun chick-lit, try the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    If your into vampire novels. the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward...they are fantasticccc!!!!! :)
  • hotpot83
    hotpot83 Posts: 88
    Options
    Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
    The five people you meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
  • Chainsaw_Flowerchild
    Options
    What do you like?

If you like scifi/fantasy, check out George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series. I read it (way before it became an HBO series) and it's really, REALLY good.

Just finished this book! I refuse to watch the HBO series until I finish the other 4.

Your good to watch the first season since it only covers the first book thats you've already read. Season two won't be out till 2012.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I have heard of those I was thinking about them I am also going to try and pick up the first Hunger game...I am a girl so I like romances, mystery, basically novels but I like scifi stuff too! Honestly, I kind of like everything as long as it is engaging I can get lost in a book. I just read Water for Elephants it was fantastic.

Ursula K. LeGuin is awesome, Lord of the Rings, check out some classics! Tennant of Wildfell Hall, Shirley, Frankenstein...
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading "Safe Haven" by Nicolas Sparks. Loved it!! Of course, I think ANYTHING Sparks right is great!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I loved The Help!!
    Anything by james Patterson
    Anything by Jennifer Weiner
    I also love Stephen King but he can be a little hard to get into...
  • grimms11208
    Options
    bump