Desk Jockies Wanted!

doubleplay549
doubleplay549 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
I sit at a desk all day. Looking for friends who are in the same boat as me to help motivate and cheer each other on. Please add me or let me add you!

Replies

• time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Add me! I work in an office and I’m pretty active on here. :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    You can add me if you'd like. I work at a bank mon-fri 8-5, two kids under 2 and run several times a week. My diary is open and I log daily so I'm on here quite a bit. Good luck with the deskercises...that's funny
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Desk Jockey here too!
  • mrendon80
    mrendon80 Posts: 80 Member
    Desk jockey here, anyone is welcome to add.
  • doubleplay549
    doubleplay549 Posts: 8 Member
    Today my deskercises will be to do 20 pushups once every hour. 20x9 hours = 180 pushups. What is your deskercise challenge going to be?
  • Terajah38
    Terajah38 Posts: 7 Member
    I, also spend most of my time behind a desk. I'm hoping for that motivation too.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I sit at a desk all day. Looking for friends who are in the same boat as me to help motivate and cheer each other on. Please add me or let me add you!

I've been a desk jockey for going on 20 years. It's definitely part of what contributed to my weight gain in the first place. Now it's something that forces me to stay active outside of work because sitting behind a monitor all day.. well.. we know what it does to our bodies lol. To combat it now I get up super early, around 5am, and work out for an hour and a half 3 days during the work week and then pretty much every weekend I'll spend at least an hour or two on Saturdays and Sundays walking or running in the park. It's about the only way to negate sitting at a desk 40+ hours a week. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I've been in maintenance for about two years now but still going strong. I think the new exercise habits are now second nature.
  • JennG122
    JennG122 Posts: 25 Member
    I also sit at a desk all day! I work out in the morning and my work has a walking path that I walk on during lunch. I love your idea of doing squats during the day. I may try this
  • kimhski1
    kimhski1 Posts: 32 Member
    Yep. My entire working career. I do work from home almost exclusively so I’m not sitting a straight 8 hours or more. I run as my main form of exercise and generally in the early evening unless work/weather allow for a lunchtime run. I love the exercises on the hour thought. Maybe I’ll incorporate walking lunges to and from the bathroom every time I go.

Feel free to add me. I log everyday and generally every meal. Diary is open.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    I'm a desk jockey with an hour commute each way to work.

I've been out walking almost every day at lunch.... right thru the winter.

And have started parking my car once I hit the city and ride my bike the rest of the way to work.

That gets me 1.75 hours of exercise without changing my personal or work schedule at all. :)
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Worked at a desk my whole career.

Do any of you have a work gym or a gym near work as 1hr there out of your day can be a great break hasn’t got to be lunch time could be mid morning or afternoon.

I don’t think the deskersize would go down well at my work
  • eyelikesharx
    eyelikesharx Posts: 20 Member
    stuck-at-desk-8-hours-a-day-graphic-designer here. Everyone can add me, I’m finding myself on this app all throughout the day!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    I try to squeeze in 4000 steps in my lunch break as I hardly get an opportunity to get away from my desk all day. I find that I have less back pain this way :)
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    edited May 2018
    i try to get in (3) 10-15min walks in every work day.
    Architectural designer here...computer 95% of the day
  • blnetsova
    blnetsova Posts: 22 Member
    Work from home. Pretty much stuck in our guest bedroom at my computer all day long. Add if you like :)
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Fellow desk jockey here. Looking for buddies to help challenge me
  • CiciLaverne
    CiciLaverne Posts: 13 Member
    ADD ME... Assist Property Manager here.... it sucks
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am a medical secretary so I am confined to my office almost all day except when I get up to go to another department for something. So everyone please feel free to add me. I'm following low carb diet; just started back yesterday and so far so good...LOL
  • jnapier44077
    jnapier44077 Posts: 17 Member
    Desk jockey here too. 10 hour days in front of a computer. I try to walk at lunch and workout after work. I try to keep moving at home too as much as possible.