Mood swings, irritability and all that jazz!

Options
Hey everybody! I’m on week 5 of eating clean and changing my life. Sw: 220 Gw: 175

This week has been the worst. I feel like a crazy person, like a raging *kitten*! I have no idea what’s going on with me, but it’s like one second I’m a loving partner and the next I can’t control emotions. Have any of you ever experienced this while starting a new lifestyle? I’m really struggling with the insane mood swings.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is your new lifestyle causing the bad mood? Then maybe it's not a lifestyle change, but another diet?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how large a deficit are you running?
  • Isra_1
    Isra_1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're losing 9 lbs per week????
  • calicosimone
    calicosimone Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Eating around 1300-1500 calories a day, I think my maybe I didn’t define the terms right, I started at 220 and I hope to be 175 by the end of the year-ish. TDEE is 2525 so I think the deficit is okay?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Eating around 1300-1500 calories a day, I think my maybe I didn’t define the terms right, I started at 220 and I hope to be 175 by the end of the year-ish. TDEE is 2525 so I think the deficit is okay?

that's a deficit of over 1000 cals, which is pretty steep really. its obviously making you hangry, so you may want to reduce it. with 50lbs to lose, 1lb per week is a reasonable rate - especially if it makes it more sustainable.
  • calicosimone
    calicosimone Posts: 4 Member
    Options

that's a deficit of over 1000 cals, which is pretty steep really. its obviously making you hangry, so you may want to reduce it. with 50lbs to lose, 1lb per week is a reasonable rate - especially if it makes it more sustainable.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Do you think adding 200-250 more calories would be a better goal? I don’t feel hungry or anything, it just seems like it’s irritability and restlessness almost.