How to celebrate?

Options
I want to go out to a fancy restaurant and eat 3,000 unhealthy calories. Or buy new smaller clothes (that won't fit me once I lose another 10 pounds). I already own the sports car of my dreams. Or?

You see, I started Morbidly Obese (317 pounds). This morning I weighed in at 220.2 which is the first morning I have been Overweight (previously Obese).

Don't have a long term goal. I now fit into 40 waist pants. 38 would be wonderful.

If I get enough virtual hugs, I won't do anything crazy to celebrate.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    one meal of 3000 cals is fine every so often...
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I see the appeal of social media instant gratification has made it's way to the previous generation.

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Using food as reward (along with emotional eating) is what got me overweight. Don't reward weight loss with food.

If you don't receive enough virtual hugs do pat yourself on the back!

Well done on your weight loss, great achievement!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Celebrate however you want to. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I would opt for the new clothes and be ecstatic that I would soon lose enough more to need a smaller size.
    For me, overindulging in calories might be the start to a slippery slope so I would definitely not do this.

Congrats on your loss, and enjoy what ever decision you make!
    Best of luck!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I think some sort of fun physical activity is a great way to celebrate as you can make it something that would have been difficult at your starting weight and it avoids reinforcing food as a reward. When I reach a normal BMI, currently overweight, I am going to do this long zip line ride - it looks terrifying but will be exhilarating and is something I couldn't have done when bigger. My last 'reward' was to buy my first wetsuit in 20 years as I intend to start kayaking this summer. Or you could book in for a massage?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Maybe plan a trip, sign up for a class (exercise, cooking, glass blowing, whatever), get a new exercise gadget, machine or dvd, buy one new outfit, buy new shoes. Get clothes altered. Get a bike. Get a massage.

When I went from obese to overweight one of the things I enjoyed was how much more physical activity I could do. Going for a hike on a nature trail with my family was pretty rewarding for me.