1989 vs. 2011: Same Weight NSV! [w/Photo]

Options

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I agree that you look younger now than you did then. The 80's hair is priceless, I was a part of that as well and like another poster had my favorite can of white and pink Aqua Net to try to keep it all together! I also had the short suit as well but mine was black. I remember thinking how awesome I looked then...funny to look at now though!

Great job on finding the fountain of youth!

You would think we owned stock in Aqua Net or something back then!!! LOL! I had a little black crop jacket too. Loved wearing that one but I don't think I have it anymore. Too bad, it would have been fun to pull out for an 80's theme party!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who commented. I haven't decided what I will be wearing to my 25th class reunion in a couple of weeks, but I'm thinking this might just be the outfit after reading all the feedback. LOL!

For those of you who messaged me about the shoes, here are some better photos of them. I love them!!!

DSC_6793_sm.jpg

DSC_6794_sm.jpg

DSC_6787_sm.jpg

Bethany
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is terrific - great job! And I have to say, I'm kind of glad you decided not to pull out the old wardrobe :)
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great pics and great job.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want to say that I don't care what anyone thinks, my 80's hair was SPECTACULAR!!! LOL!

LOVE IT!!! :happy:
    LOVE the 80's shoulder pads too!!!!! LOL
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! You are to cute!!! You look great!!! 80's ROCK!!!
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    LOL! That is awesome. Yes, new clothes are definitely in order :)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look spectacular - I love the picture comparisons hee hee! Great work.
  • danstvguy
    Options
    You're better looking now.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    awesome...you are such an inspiration!
  • hvrs114
    hvrs114 Posts: 17
    Options
    I <3 80's hair! I was a perm addict as well! =) You look great! Proof that no matter how long it takes you CAN reach your goals! =)
  • bjohs
    Options
    I <3 80's hair! I was a perm addict as well! =) You look great! Proof that no matter how long it takes you CAN reach your goals! =)

OMG! I look back at some of my high school pictures and wonder what the heck I was thinking with the perm!!! Too funny!!!

Thanks everyone! I have my 25th class reunion coming up on August 20th and hopefully I will be at my goal by then. I'll try to post new photos once my weight matches my 20-year old body. :) If this old fart can do it... so can anyone else. Keep shooting for your dreams!!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Here are my progress photos. There is no chance of ever getting back to where I was in high school (113 lbs) but I am totally fine with that. It would be too thin for me at this stage of my life anyway. It only took a little over a year and a half to get this far... so stick with it! It is so rewarding to reach the big pay off!

beforeafter_02.jpg
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!! You looked great at 22 but I must say I think you look even BETTER now!!!! Way to GO!
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! Its true... everything in the 80's was awesome! You look outta this world!
  • bjohs
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! Its true... everything in the 80's was awesome! You look outta this world!

I noticed by your profile that you totally missed out on the 80's. That's too bad. It was such a FUN decade!!! Thank you so much and you are right, the 80's was AWESOME! LOL
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this comparison photo, and I can't believe you're 43 either u look amazing. Congratulations!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Your 80s hair WAS spectacular! You looked hot back then and you look hot now! Well done! :)
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    OMG I love this!! What a great idea!! You've only gotten better with age!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!