You can read my diary

Options
Hi all! Just looking for anyone to take a peek at my diary for the past week or so and give me feedback!

I don't have any one specific problem area that I need addressed -- I just would like to know some varying opinions!

Background info: I'm 5'2", 20 years old, started at 140 lbs in May and am now about 5 lbs away from my goal of 120 lbs. So, eating more calories every day = good for me.

Oh! And if you do have some suggestions, please try and provide a food or foods that will fit with that suggestion. I love to hear your feedback but also may like to know how to remedy that situation.

Please, be honest! Nothing will be too blunt.

Replies

• rmrainbow
    Options
    *bump
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    That looks pretty good. Only 2 things, I don't think that the almond milk has much calcium. Check on that. You might change that for soy if you don't want to do 2 cups of milk. Make sure you get at least 2 dairy-type servings. Soy counts. You have plenty of fruit/veg, and enough protein. You are a bit low on fat. Maybe at a tsp or 2 of canola to that workout shake?
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    P.S. Older and shorter fellow shortie here (4'11'' and 38).
  • rmrainbow
    Options
    caitlin70433: I never would have thought to add canola to my shakes! Thanks for the tip, I do seem to struggle with healthy fats.

As for the almond milk, it seems to have the same if not more calcium added to it. I did switch it up with Soy milk for a week there and enjoyed it. I might just alternate so I don't get bored.

Thanks!
  • rmrainbow
    Options
    Come on, people! I know you're looking at this post!
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    Cool. Carry on with the almond milk, then or alternate, as you say, for variety. :)

Ha! I gained 30 lbs my freshmen year and lost it in 3 months when I was your age with a calorie counting book, walking shoes, and a step areobics platform (which I still have). You're eatly way healthier than I was then, WTG.
  • rmrainbow
    Options
    Thanks! Good to know you had it in you then, and you still have it in you today!
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    Eeep. I meant to say you're a little low on the protein, by your goals. Maybe add some beans to the polenta. Actually, you do have enough fat.