Ice cream

Options
2»

Replies

• kathyb2012
    kathyb2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is right up my Alley. I LOVE ICE CREAM! I would also have it every night if I could. What I do is I bought those plastic cups W/Lids 1/2 & 1 cup size, I fill 5 of them (1/2) size with 1 serving of ice cream in each one. that's what you get, that's what you eat. its hard at first but once you get used to it, it works like a charm. also I sometimes buy flavored yogert light that's kind of nice because a different flavor every night. good luck.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped drinking during the week because it was getting a little out of hand. I just stopped buying booze and beer except on the weekend. If it's not in the house, I can't drink it. I'd think the same for ice cream.
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about those mini ice cream sandwiches?

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When willpower fails repeatedly, I also stop buying the stuff.

You can try the lower calorie ice cream.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that the reason you end up eating the whole pint is because you feel guilty for giving in?

Is it possible that if you told yourself it's fine to have a serving of ice cream and prelogging it, you'd be able to dish out one serving and enjoy it?

Try taking the guilt and morality out of it, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'm partial to buying single serve, like ice cream pops or sandwiches and if that doesn't work, maybe you need to keep it out of the house most of the time. Good luck!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Have you tried enlightened or chilly cow? The pints are 280-400 calories, with lots of protein. Enlightened, I eat a half of one or a whole one if I have enough calories, almost nightly. They are so good with some interesting flavors. I just bought chilly cow today which comes in half pint tubs, pack of two. 190 calories each for more portion control. They both make bars as well which are one serving each. There's also halo top, which personally I didn't care for but some people like it better.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options

There are many 100 calorie or thereabouts options for you in the same aisle of the grocery where you find the ice cream.
    Depending on your location, your options will be different from most of what any of us recommend.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is a trigger for me too. I tried Halo and it was pretty good, and only 270 calories for the whole pint. I like Yasso frozen yogurt bars too, and Skinny cow. Portion controlled yummy treats for about 130 calories.