Dieting all by myself in Texas :)

Options
Hey guys! I'm recently back in control of my own body after an 8 year struggle I didn't even know I was having with hypothyroidism and severe gallbladder disease so I'm in the market to lose the 60 pounds of yuck I gained. I've never used a site like this before but it looks like it's going to be a really helpful tool. Does anyone have any inspiration or helpful advice?

Replies

• anderftw1
    Options
    I am in San Antonio, where are you??
  • Ladywaring
    Ladywaring Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You've already made the first step, logging in and getting started. Good food choices and exercise! Lots of inspiration and motivation help here. Good Luck! And feel free to friend me:)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hey ander, Im in SA as well............good luck , were all here for you as well
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Texas is pretty big...I am sure you are not alone. Lots of MFPers in the Lone Star State.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Another Texan here.... currently in San Angelo. Welcome to MFP!
  • txbabe1964
    txbabe1964 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am here for you too! Friend me. I am west of Fort Worth!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Mckinney Tx! Very sad to say i no longer live in the state, Im stuck in Arkansas. Im a wanta b in Txs girl. Does that count? lol! Ill be here to support u anyway, if u wan to add me as a friend. im at the very begining of a very long rd. here to lose 170 lbs. its been a roller coaster.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You won't be by yourself on this site. Welcome! I'm a Texan also. U can friend me.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Stephenville TX here...Home to Jewel and Ty Murray as well as the occasional UFO =P

Good luck!!!
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're not alone - you have the 1000s of us right here!

I hear you on hypothyroidism - I had Hashimoto's and follicular cancer, undiagnosed for years and years, so I blew up like a balloon!

I've been lower than I am now, but had 3 years of other "stuff" to deal with, but back in the saddle again. Taking charge and taking time for me! Once you get the thyroid stuff figured out, it acutally IS possible to lose weight.

Welcome to the MFP family!
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    Wow I don't know exactly what I did expect but I really didn't expect so many people to respond with so much encouragement. Obviously this site is going to provide the support I need to tackle this battle and win. Thank you!
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello from Houston! We're all in this together :D
  • kowens726
    Options
    I'm in Texas too! Just moved to Port Arthur about a month ago!
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    I live in Spring, Tx. I guess you could call it a suburb north of Houston.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas, too. I also struggle with hypothyroidism. With medication, I'm finally going from "exercise because if I don't, I'm going to gain 11 pounds in a week" to "exercise to actually LOSE weight." It takes work, motivation, and a lot of tinkering with medication (they're still playing with my levels), but it IS possible.

Go you!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am in PA but I am with you all the way. This is the greatest site!!!!!! So many fantastic people and support groups...just check out the community tab. You are not alone by any stretch of the imagination.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am in Houston, you are definitely not alone anymore! Mythyroid is kaput, we face a bigger challenge of the extreme lack of energy on top of everything else. Just make sure you log on everyday and get the inspiration you need, the people are great here.
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello from the burbs south west of Ft Worth,
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    You're not alone - you have the 1000s of us right here!

ARHHHH the texuns are taking over...lol :)
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I live in Spring, Tx. I guess you could call it a suburb north of Houston.
    Hey! I'm in The Woodlands area! I used to live in Spring! Yes, there are a lot of us here... since we're obviously the BEST state in the union. :laugh:

Lots of support here and I'm POSITVE you'll reach your goals if you stay with us!