Chicken for Breakfast???

Options
Is it bad that i ate my lunch (chicken in tomatoe sauce) at 7 am??? I didnt feel like eating my oatmeal. I will eat it for lunch though.

Has anyone had any problems with eating dinner for breakfast or vise versa

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    All the time.....I don't think it matter what time you eat breakfast or what time you eat lunch or dinner food as long as it is good and healthy choices you are making!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There is no more problem with eating chicken for breakfast than with eating oatmeal in the afternoon. Food is food.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am never really hungry at breakfast so I have never eaten anything other than breakfast foods. I have seen people who eat lunch foods for breakfast sometimes when looking at food diaries on here.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I never get hungry in the am usually. but today I am super hungry
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    Breakfast is a time, not a menu :-)

I prefer pizza and icecream
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Funny, that's what I did this morning. I packed two chicken sandwiches for lunch because I'm going for a run this morning and figured I might be hungry. However, I was starving when I got to work and going to cook oatmeal didn't sound appealing so I ate one of my sandwiches.

People have breakfast for dinner all the time, why not do the opposite? There's no rule saying you must have eggs or cereal just because it's before noon.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that! When I lived in Thailand, it was very normal to eat chicken and rice in the morning.
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lived in Asia for 3 years and breakfast is just another meal - many people will have spicy noodles, fish, chicken, whatever for breakfast! In fact I harbor a theory that the idea that breakfast should be different has just been foisted upon us by the cereal companies. I don't eat cereal at all any more. I sometimes have chicken salad (chicken, celery, veggies, LF mayo or greek yogurt mixed with curry powder, some nuts, etc) or soup for breakfast! More often I have a smoothie with fruit, protein powder, and nut butter. Whenever I can I try to have VEGGIES with breakfast - in an omelette, with eggs, whatever. In fact it's a great to get protein early in the day, and most traditional breakfast foods are loaded with sugar that just makes you hungry later.
  • ddoolittle
    Options
    I totally agree with ArlVAMom. Especially if your workout in the morning, it's great to get some protein in your body to repair/feed your muscles. Healthy choices are the important part of choosing what you eat and when you eat it.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any issue with eating non-traditional foods at meals. We have what we call breakfast for dinner sometimes... just eggs, toast and fruit. Traditionally people went with eating a lighter breakfast for the most part, but there are no rules saying you have to do that. If you are still eating healthy, I don't see any issues with it at all.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I ate spaghetti squash for breakfast this morning. Unconventional but delicious.