Couch to 5 k and 30 day shred

Options
dezim8er
dezim8er Posts: 11 Member
I was thinking on doing couch to 5 k on M, W, F and 30 day shred on T, TH. Has anyone done this before? Any one think they would want to do it and we can be buddies? I want/need to loose30-40lbs and think this is a great way to start. :) Message me if you want. :)

Replies

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're new to exercising I would pick three days of one or the other for a couple weeks, then add in the second one. It's important to build in exercise routines slowly so you (1) don't burn out, and (2) don't injure yourself. It's no fun to be all enthusiastic about everything at once and then have some injury sideline you for a week or two. But I do think that your goal of 5 days of exercising is a good one.

I love the Couch to 5K program! But my understanding (and I might be wrong, someone in this forum can explain it better) is that the 30 Day Shred is not exactly for beginners but for those who have a solid level of fitness before they start. I haven't done it, it's just what I've read about it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I wouldn’t say 30 day shred is not for beginners. You can modify all the exercises. I think your plan sounds ok to me! I do lifting (at the gym) m,w,f and then c25k on t, th. Unless there’s a conflict of course.
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When starting a running program your body really needs the rest in those off days. You could add some weight lifting if you felt the need.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I agree to start with one program or the other for 2-4 weeks.
    The best way to start losing weight is to set up your MFP profile, set deficit to 1 lb per week, get a food scale, and log your food.
  • Diastole
    Diastole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had never done any exercise before doing 30 day shred and it was really good. Yes, it can be a little tough but I think it`s a good starting point and pushes you a little harder than you would normally go on your own. My only problem with it was that it was unrelenting on the knees (lots of repetitive, same knee lunging without rest) and I ended up with a funny knee for a while afterwards.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd be suggesting a resistance programme on non running days, rather than a CV programme. But fundamentally no issues with training six days per week