30DS Plus Cardio?

Options
What other cardio do you incorporate to your workout routine? Do you do this at the same time (before/after) you do the 30DS? Also, do you incorporate any type of strength training?

I'm currently on Day 6 of 30DS. I've also been doing 300-500 crunches, but want to know if I also incorporate some additional cardio if it will help with accelerating the fat/weight loss?

TIA!!

Replies

• Mary156
    Mary156 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am starting 30ds today and I do 30 min on the eliptical everyday and usually walk. Just to burn some extra calories. (:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 ad I normally do 30mins just dancing or the 20min turbo jam after, normally get so into it I don't want to stop. Don't know if I could do it the other way round though.
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also do the elliptical everyday with 30DS for about 25 minutes. The first day of 30DS I went to the gym first then did it, yesterday I did 30DS first then gym and it seemed like it was a little harder at the gym maybe cause my legs were so tired from 30DS? So I think my plan is to do gym, then 30DS (since I probably will never be able to get myself up before work to do it)
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    I finished 30DS in July. I did Cardio 6 days out of the week. Normally it was 40 mins on the elliptical but towards the end I was running on the treadmil for 20 mins and elliptical for 20. I think that doing cardio in addition to 30DS really helps.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I incorporate some walking and usually a 10-20 minute jog.
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    I am on L3D5 of the 30DS and I usually walk for 30-45 minutes before just to get my muscles loose and warm (and walk the dog). I've also incorporated dance, yoga and pilates into my workouts.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i usually do about 45-60mins of cardio (elliptical, bike) and then 30DS.
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options
    Ok, so I need to maybe invest in an elliptical. Do you ladies have one of your own or do you go to the gym?
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have one, I hate it and have used it about twice, its just cluttering up the bedroom tbh. Need to try getting rid of it. No Idea how you ladies can do hours on those things, bores the life out of me.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have one, I hate it and have used it about twice, its just cluttering up the bedroom tbh. Need to try getting rid of it. No Idea how you ladies can do hours on those things, bores the life out of me.

I used to have a treadmill, when I lived at my parents' place (no room for it here at the apartment). I watched movies on the computer when I used it. If I had one that was portable, I'd probably plop it in front of the tv here.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS for 9 days now. I also go swimming (used to be a competitive swimmer) though I've had limited time to drive all the way out to the pool the last few days. I'm also doing C25K and on days I feel like I can do more I add jump rope to the mix. On my "rest day" I'll just do the shred.
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Starting L2 today. Every other day I do C25K and off days from that I'll either do the elliptical or Just Dance. It depends on the baby, really. But I think it's best to do additional cardio just for the increased cal burn and stamina. I think doing the shred first then cardio might be better only because the cardio might tire you out and your form might suffer. But I do it either way. The only thing I notice is that it's harder if I take a couple days off.
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    Day 4 on level 1 and i usually add 30 minute walk or pilates with it! also LOTS of stretching!