Forgot My Lunch

Options
Generally, I bring a salad with some grilled chicken to work for lunch. However, today I woke up late so no lunch for me. That being said I'm thinking about Chinese food. Can anyone give me so low cal Chinese food suggestions? Also, if there is something I can get without ruining my whole day at like Subway or something I'm open to suggestions. Any thoughts?

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You can go into the food diary and type in a food that you think you might try for lunch and see what kind of calories and such come up. I have done that before I've gone out to eat so that I was prepared to order when I got there and wasn't just going into it blind. Good luck!!
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    If you do get Chinese food, try to stay away from fried rice - maybe go with steamed white, or if they have brown that's even better. Maybe broccoli & beef or broccoli & chicken?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    That is funny, I forgot my lunch and am ordering chinese as well. I am ordering the Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Chicken with NO rice. I looked in the food diary and it comes out for a plate to be 242 calories (or something like that). I went looking for something not fried, with lots of protein.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken and vegetables! Very good and filling for few calories (get sauce on side) then ask if you can substitute brown rice for white (most restaurants have that option).
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" turkey breast on whole wheat - with cheese, loaded with veggies and fat free honey mustard sauce is pretty low calories/fat (355/7). Also, you can make any sub into a salad so you don't have the bread - even better and yummy!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Broccoli w/o the rice, egg roll or soup. Yummy! A little high in the sodium but that's going to be ANYTHING eating out.
  • Evercia
    Evercia Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys!! I happen to love fried rice so I looked it up and its like a bazillion calories a cup. Probably wouldn't be that filling either :/ Guess that's off the menu; I shouldn't be surprised it has "fried" right in the name.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hot & Sour Soup!!! Also, if the Chinese place offers a low sodium sauce or sauce on the side (many do if you ask) you could order a stir fry prepared that way. The sodium in most American Chinese food is through the roof!