First day!

IceGenesis
IceGenesis Posts: 4 Member
Hello all! This is my first day on here and so far seems good, hust a little lonely because I haven't made any friends yet.
Anyone have any tips or just want to chat?

Replies

• kjcarthen
    kjcarthen Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2018
    IceGenesis wrote: »
    Hello all! This is my first day on here and so far seems good, hust a little lonely because I haven't made any friends yet.
    Anyone have any tips or just want to chat?

Hello! Welcome, I'm KateLynn. Have you set any goals ☺
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    Hello IceGenesis and KateLynn. I to an new here. KateLynn, you have asked an important question. Prior to my downloading the app and signing up tonight I all ready had a goal in mind. Right now I'm at 244 lbs. I had seen my cardiologist last week and at that time I had lost 15 lbs since the previous visit. I can't tell you exactly how I did it but I'd like to think I'll set smaller obtainable goals for myself. First 5 or 10 lb goal.. Not a big weight loss goal just seriously starting out. I think that the smaller goal is much more achievable as opposed to saying I want to lose 4-45 pounds. Doesn't this sound a lot more realistic and achievable to both of you..? :)
  • IceGenesis
    Nice to meet you KateLynn & Vince, I'm Dawn. I wasn't sure if I should set a small goal first. I haven't done this in a long time and am taking things one step at a time. All together I'd like to lose about 115lbs.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi All!

I think the best thing you can do when first starting out is to read all the sticky posts at the top of the forums. Particularly the one in here and in the one General Health, Fitness forum called 'Most Helpful Posts'. They're a wealth of information and will put you on the absolute best path.

Welcome!
  • IceGenesis
    Danp wrote: »
    Hi All!

I think the best thing you can do when first starting out is to read all the sticky posts at the top of the forums. Particularly the one in here and in the one General Health, Fitness forum called 'Most Helpful Posts'. They're a wealth of information and will put you on the absolute best path.

Welcome!

Thanks Danp! I will definitely check those out, thanks for the tip!
  • lbelmonte66
    lbelmonte66 Posts: 1 Member
    First day on the app.
  • dstempson85
    dstempson85 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Hello, wish you the best on the first day! the smaller goal tip from Vince sounds very interesting. May try this myself.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    The first 2 weeks are worse than the rest of the months combined. Stick it out then keep your calories steady for a smooth ride. Best of luck