Popcorn

Options
Does anybody else have this addiction too?

Popcorn, all types, flavors, brands. I’m addicted. Yes it’s a light snack but when you can’t help but polish off the bag...

How do you cope with that one food you can’t help but feel obsessive about?

Replies

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I also eat popcorn everyday. I weigh it out and then put the bag away. I typically eat 100-200 calories of popcorn at a time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is so low in calories though. Just pop enough and then you won’t have a bag to polish off. I always just buy bags of popcorn kernels and pop them on the stove (so not the microwave bags)
  • KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't keep food I can't control myself on in the house. Nutella is one of my weaknesses. I may have... polished off a whole jar in the past. Also, unrelated, but... cute sun conure in your profile pic!!! :)
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie swiss rolls! I love them my daughter picked them for her school snack this week and I've been so tempted lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    I just throw some plain popcorn kernels in a small covered glass casserole dish, microwave until the popping stops, then season as needed. Cheap, and no fancy accessories required.

As far as obsessive foods, I don't buy them often, and on the rare occasion I do, I work on figuring out how to moderate them. Strategies like preportioning, pre-logging, savoring, single-serve packs are some possible things to try.

Just gonna leave this here:

http://naturalchow.com/2014/03/healthy-dorito-flavored-popcorn/
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Popcorn has become a great substitute for me in place of chips. I find popcorn much more filling and satisfying. Chips on the other hand I can blow through a bag and still have an appetite.

We just got an air popper, so curious on trying that out and reliving the 70s.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my weakness as well - any given Saturday night you'll find popcorn and more wine than is strictly necessary for health in my diary! Hubby and I used to each have our own bag, and more than once a week - now we share one once a week, which seems to be working for us.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I always just want to eat all the popcorn!

@tamlou89
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is very low in calories so I dont even mind if I do eat a lot of it, they do make snack size bags of popcorn too
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with popcorn! I still keep it around because I'm like that with most salty snacks and popcorn does the least damage. I buy a big bag from Costco and immediately divide the bag up into single servings using ziploc bags. If I'm not having to reach into the big bag it's less tempting to eat more.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    I have popcorn a few times a week. If you do it on the stovetop it's not too bad. Now the butter and sugar and cajun seasoning I add p r o b a b l y isn't necessary.

So good though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    OH! and, @freespirit427 - you have a Jenday! Great birds. My pro-tip? Watch your bird dogs around him. :neutral:
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I don't know if I would call it an addiction but jerky just makes me hungrier for more... like REALLY hungry for more. I don't keep it in the house. I don't miss it and I don't crave it though unless I have just eaten some.

I'm surprised by this,I eat jerky during my work shift to keep the hunger away and it does a great job of keeping me full with just a few pieces,I'll admit tho I do love it >:)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I can't trust myself with the big bags of pre-popped corn either. I make my own or I use snack sized microwave popcorn.

When I pop my own I have to wash out the popping bowl; that tells me I'm done. Making my own is yummy because I can use different flavorings-Kernels Seasonings. Snack sized microwave bags are pre-portioned so that helps.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just buy the Smart Pop 100 calorie kettle corn. That way I don't feel bad about eating it all and it's satisfying. Tortilla chips and salsa con queso is something I could easily eat mindlessly. It's not really worth the calories so I just don't buy it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I have issues with many types of food. Result is I seldom eat them. :/
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I just buy the 100 calorie snack size microwave bags.i literally eat popcorn every night. I’m a snacker, and they are a life saver for me at night when I feel like munching. I can even have a second bag on occasion and stay well within my calorie goal.