Ketosis breath

Options
According to the person who kisses me most (aka only), I have Ketosis breath.

I think this is a good thing. She thinks it's not.

NOTE: I am not on any particular diet. My diary is open for your perusing pleasure.
I am running every 3-4 days for an hour or so, but otherwise fairly static.

Thoughts?

[THOUGHTS on ketosis - not my breath, sillies!]

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Chew some gum???
  • kittrelle
    Options
    Chew parsley (eww, I know), sugarless gum, drink loooots of h2o. And apologize...maybe.
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Google it....You can always find the answers u need.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Rub mint leaves on your tongue. Weird, but it works =)
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When i was on Lighter Life i had ketosis breath and i just used mouth spray - i kept it on me at all times! and had one the side of my bed

Good Luck
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Low carb diet, increased exercise, and dehydration can all play a part in Ketosis....one or even a combo. Soooo I'd increase the h2o. Is the easiest to do.

Warm regards,
    "Your" hygienist :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat like 600-850 calories a day and I'm not even in ketosis (yes I know I should eat more, thats not the point).

Ketosis happens from fasting for a significant period of time.

I think you probably aren't in ketosis.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    did a search online, and found something that might help explain your situation. you might also find some helpful links to remedy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I eat like 600-850 calories a day and I'm not even in ketosis (yes I know I should eat more, thats not the point).

Ketosis happens from more than just fasting and you probably won't go in by eating 600-850 calories a day (which is horrible for your body, but I think you already know that) unless you're also eating low carb.
  • GinaGirl826
    Options
    When you reduce carbs from your diet the body begins to burn the fat stores in your body, which produces the gas (air - breath) that your one and only smells.

You could add some carbs back into your diet and/or use some breathsavers. Important note - make sure there are not medical issues like Diabetes. Best Wishes
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

Eh, are you trying to starve yourself? Hope you consulted a doctor before making those kinds of diet changes.
  • shasslock
    Options
    Can you taste the difference in your mouth?? Its the worst...I can't stand it. Do you use ketosis sticks? I do....
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know it.
    Since I'd already said on there that I knew it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm on low carb and thankfully have not had this problem. It could be b/c I drink tons of water. Like around 100 ounces a day.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options

Eh, are you trying to starve yourself? Hope you consulted a doctor before making those kinds of diet changes.

Amen. Im no nutritionist but that sounds anything but healthy. And nasty breath is one of the many way our bodies tell us we are doing something wrong.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm on low carb and thankfully have not had this problem. It could be b/c I drink tons of water. Like around 100 ounces a day.
    Same here. I drink one of those huge 1.5L Poland Springs bottles before lunch time hits. Then I fill it up for the rest of the day
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    Just wanted to point out that some medications can also contribute to bad breath issues: allergy meds, anti-spasmodics & some antidepressants (just to name a few) can all cause dry mouth and/or bad breath. I try to combat it by drinking lots of water & keeping sugar free gum & breath mints on hand at home & at work. Good dental hygeine is a must also.
  • pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    Options
    If you aren't on a low carb diet then ketosis breath can be caused by a lot of other things and it may be a good idea to get a check up to make sure all is well in your digestive system.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    is ketosis breath the same thing that diabetics have? my ex had diabetes and his breath always smelled funky
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I know that the Fast-5 diet mentions a breath change when the body's metabolism increases and ketones are produced. I would say that it sounds like a good thing health-wise, but you can just use breath-fresheners etc to get rid of the smell.