What's Your Reward...

Options
For when you achieve your fitness goals? I'm talking about rewards other than the benefits, like being healthier/stronger, new wardrobe, ect. More personal, perhaps?
My ultimate reward to myself is a half-sleeve tattoo that I've been imagining for years. I have been fighting all my best impulses against getting this one done, since including my health journey in the design is important to me.
So, what are everybody elses' personal rewards they are working towards?

Replies

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I actually don’t have any rewards planned. Maybe it’s cheesy, but setting new fitness goals and achieving them is all I need to drive my motivation.

Good luck on reaching your goals to obtain your half-sleeve. Sounds cool to incorporate your achievements into your tattoo.
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal: take myself to the Caribbean. I’m too self conscious to really enjoy myself at the beach at the moment but it’s changing!
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a fabulous, extravagant formal evening gown and wear it on a cruise with DH.
  • scarla67
    scarla67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sadly, sleep. I think I will reward myself with a weekend in bed dozing, mindless TV, no phone, and my animals laying all over me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of hiking boots!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I want to lose 7 kilos (15 pounds) and I’ll reward myself with a new car I’ve wanted (if I can get a good deal).
    My friend needs to lose 20 kilos (40-45 pounds) and she’s getting herself new boobies.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any rewards since I hit "onederland" at the beginning of 2014, that was a huge deal for me and I bought myself all new higher quality makeup & an organizer to keep it in on my counter.

When I was originally hitting smaller goals, every 10 lb I tried doing fitness-related rewards but that kind of fizzled out after a few things like new sneakers, running leggings, bike accessories, jump rope, etc.

Now that I've been maintaining in a 10 lb range for several years, I do think I may do another reward if I get back down a bit more to a certain weight and size I'd prefer to be in. It's really only about 4 lb and 1 size down but when I am there consistently for more than 2 months at a time, I will probably splurge on some clothes that I wouldn't normally. For me that means ~$100 jeans and/or a few $50-60 tops. I have a lot of clothing but tend to go with lower priced items.
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lutielu wrote: »
    Ultimate goal: take myself to the Caribbean. I’m too self conscious to really enjoy myself at the beach at the moment but it’s changing!

Don’t let it stop you from living life now. Remember, it’s extremely unlikely you’ll ever see those people again, and if you do, I’m sure no one would realize. I went last year, and while I was slightly self-conscious, nobody was really paying attention to us or what we were doing.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome in my Hawaii pics forever and ever! Fitting back into a ton of cute things I already own and am too big for (frugal and exciting). a lighter pack when I backpack Asia next year as I will have smaller clothes? Otherwise I don't have a reward planned - I never thought I would say it but the contentment of looking nice, and joy of exercise endorphines are really grand
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Didn't have any. My health was my reward because I had some really, really bad blood work and taking care of that so I could live to see my boys grow into men was my only priority. All I ever wanted was to see my numbers in the normal/optimal range.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Food will never be a reward not even to my grandkids!
  • mitchkelly2446
    mitchkelly2446 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Losing weight doesn't give me any more time or money, so I can't reward myself that way. Lifting more, running further/faster or losing weight are just numbers and don't provide any kind of pleasure or accomplishment. Exercise doesn't and never has lifted my mood. Basically the reward for the hard slog is a continued hard slog.