Fitbit Versa vs Apple Watch

Options
I’m currently pregnant , due next month , but I want to get back in shape after the baby and would like a watch to help me keep track . Can’t decide between Fitbit Versa or Apple Watch , suggestions ??

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I've had both an activity tracker and an apple watch. I definitely prefer the apple watch, simply because it has more use for me. I never used the in-depth tracking features apart from maybe step count, but use most features of the apple watch.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Blaze and will be upgrading to the Versa. One of the main reasons is the FitBit app and social side (like @AnvilHead mentioned). The other main reason is the battery life. I do not like taking my watch off to charge because I usually forget to put it back on. The Blaze and Versa last about 4-5 days depending on use, while everyone that I talk to that has an Apple watch has to charge daily. I guess I could take it off at night to charge, but I really like to see the sleep data.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What do you want out of the smart watch? I bought a Fitbit after I had my first child to lose the weight and it motivated me, so I've upgraded multiple times and have just bought the Fitbit Versa. So far, I like it. It's comfortable, accurate in steps, and pretty (although both are). As others pointed out, I'm into the Fitbit community and app that comes along with it. I like my sleep data and wear it for multiple days before I charge. I really only use mine for fitness and sleep data and upgraded bc of the look. I don't want a "real" smart watch, but do like the option of apps. If you are an Apple user already, want a "real" smart watch, and don't mind charging every day, I'd think the Apple watch is more for what you're looking at.
  • wendydynamite
    wendydynamite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I actually have both. The Apple Watch and the Fitbit Flex 2. I love the Fitbit for the interaction with the community and challenges; however hands down if Apple would step up to the plate and offer the same in their smart watch, I would leave Fitbit.
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and I love it!

Had it over a year and its never let me down.

• Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit charge 2 and love it! I've had a fitbit for years now, never had any complaints. I like to wear mine to track my sleep and I dont think I'd watch an apple watch or versa, they're too big. The apple watch has to be charged everyday like your phone from what I understand. I charge my fitbit once a week.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have the Ionic and not sure I am 100% happy with it.

I got it knowing the App Store would be small compared to Apple or Samsung. That didn’t bother me.

However, I have to pull out my phone and sync my Fitbit to the app to do things like check the weather. At which point I am just going to check it with my phone.
    d1w343l0vwks.jpeg
    App called Clue for monthly cycle tracking:
    zzb2i3bbfn3w.jpg

I’m a little disappointed and annoyed. I just synced my Ionic 30 mins ago, background sync is turned on, and I am still getting messages like this.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Fitbit and have been using their trackers since 2013. The “smart watch” features just fail to meet expectations.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the Ionic and not sure I am 100% happy with it.

I got it knowing the App Store would be small compared to Apple or Samsung. That didn’t bother me.

However, I have to pull out my phone and sync my Fitbit to the app to do things like check the weather. At which point I am just going to check it with my phone.
    d1w343l0vwks.jpeg
    App called Clue for monthly cycle tracking:
    zzb2i3bbfn3w.jpg

I’m a little disappointed and annoyed. I just synced my Ionic 30 mins ago, background sync is turned on, and I am still getting messages like this.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Fitbit and have been using their trackers since 2013. The “smart watch” features just fail to meet expectations.

I am not sure if this is your issue but the blue tooth antenna in smart phone starts to go bad after a while and will cause these sync issues. I had the same problem with my fitbit and my sleep headphones and when I upgraded my phone all sync issues went away.
    Hubby has a different phone and a smart watch and car he likes to sync to his phone. He is also having issues with both. His phone is older so we are pretty sure it is the phone not the other devices.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    KWlosingit wrote: »

I am not sure if this is your issue but the blue tooth antenna in smart phone starts to go bad after a while and will cause these sync issues. I had the same problem with my fitbit and my sleep headphones and when I upgraded my phone all sync issues went away.
    Hubby has a different phone and a smart watch and car he likes to sync to his phone. He is also having issues with both. His phone is older so we are pretty sure it is the phone not the other devices.

I have a brand new iPhone 8 that I purchased the same day. Actually placed a target pick up today order while I was in Sprint waiting to replace my old phone and picked up the Fitbit after I was done. I don’t have issues getting it to sync, but in comparison I owned a Samsung Gear S2 at one point and it would pull information from my phone as long as it was in range. The Ionic is requiring me to open the Fitbit app to pull information from my phone which is silly and kind of defeats the purpose of having those apps on my watch.