confused

Help just started with my fitness pal filled everything in and it has given me 147865 cal per day !! i have filled in how much i have eaten and i still have 147467 to use hope some one can help to get me started
from Lorraine

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    zomg you get 147 THOUSAND cals aday? sooooooooo jealous
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Yikes!! I think you need to go to your profile section and make sure you entered your height and weight correctly.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Umm... something's is messed up. Go to your profile and make sure all of your information (weight, age, activity level...) are all correct.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    zomg you get 147 THOUSAND cals aday? sooooooooo jealous

srsly lmao'n irl over here.
  • I'm confused too....either what you just wrote was a typo, or you have the intention of GAINING an ENORMOUS AM'T OF WEIGHT?

Most portions are based on a 2, 000 (2 Thousand, not 20 thousand) calorie daily food intake.
  • yes but i will end up 5 times bigger than i am!!! i have filled it in 2 times now and the same thing happens bit fed up now
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    If you checked your profile (under Settings, Update Diet/Fitness Profile) and the info there is correct, you likely entered your exercise and/or food incorrectly. Go back and check those as well.
  • kwamgee
    kwamgee Posts: 35

Click "Goals" under the "My Home" tab.

Scroll down, click "CHANGE GOALS"

"Guided" should already be selected. Go ahead and hit "CONTINUE"

Enter your data as accurately as possible.

Go ahead and click "UPDATE PROFILE"

You should* be all set after that. Hope it helps
  • Correct your name, I don't think "population of Bangladesh" is listed there.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Yeah something is for sure messed up. I hope you get it fixed soon. Becuase once you start up on here, with the right info, you will do great! Good Luck!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    yes but i will end up 5 times bigger than i am!!! i have filled it in 2 times now and the same thing happens bit fed up now

ahhhhh haha.. ahh. I hope you get it figured out.
  • Thanks everyone i had only put in that i was 163 meter tall !! hehe
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Correct your name, I don't think "population of Bangladesh" is listed there.

hahahaha
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    ROFL - so hard it hurts - thanks for that :D

Sorry - seriously though - glad you worked it out - and with MFP you are set for success :)
  • anaday
    anaday Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone i had only put in that i was 163 meter tall !! hehe

hahahaha toooo funny...you are great
  • Maybe it's logging you in actual calories, instead of kilocalories... or perhaps joules.
  • I had something similar happen it showed that I had lost 204 pounds????? That means it would have lost a more than I weigh all together, I contacted them. They ask for my sign in name and corrected the situation. That was several weeks ago, so far so good.
    Just contact them they reply very promptly.
  • Hope you know we're laughing WITH you over this, not AT you...

When I signed up 4 months ago, I put in all my info.
    I got a message saying at the rate I would go, I could expect to weigh 170 something by the next month.
    I dang neared croaked.......that was like 10 pound MORE.....
    All I could think was, "GREAT...even these guys don't think I can do this......."
    I went back and realized I'd selected that I wanted to GAIN 2 lbs. a week , not LOSE....
    Whew.....got it fixed and started my journey with a renewed sense of encouragement.

Just thought I'd share my own goof up at the start to give you a good chuckle too.......