What's for lunch today?

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
Just thought it would be fun to see what everyone else is having. I thought my lunch sounded healthy and yummy. I just about died looking at the sodium on these veggies!

Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast Fillets Fully Cooked
Green Giant Yellow Carrots, White Navy Beans and Spinach, 1 cup prepared SODIUM 780!

Hopefully your lunch is a little less salty than mine!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Leftover brown rice with mushrooms and some frozen peas.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm having california chicken salad I made myself in a joseph's pita pocket with a greek yogurt:) Yummy!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Leftover Tuna Casserole (WW recipe)
    Salad w/ FF dressing
    WW string cheese
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    A wrap....I am eating from a Turbo Fire 5 day plan!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Eeek! Tyson... :(

They are one of the worst offenders when it comes to factory farmed meats.

I know that some grocery stores do not have any other options and sometimes you are stuck with only one choice...it can be tough.

Tyson also injects water and salt into their chicken so it's actually more sodium than you can even track. :(

Not trying to be a pain...I would just suggest any brand but Tyson.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Caesar Saldad - NO croutons
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet and it is almost lunch time. Will figure it out by then.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    "Such mixtures are often added to poultry to make the meat tastier and more tender. Pilgrim's Pride and Tyson Foods, the two largest chicken processors, are among those that proclaim their chicken is "natural" even though it has been injected with salt and water. Industry experts said the practice has become more common in the past decade."
    -Food Safety News
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Eggplant "meat"balls in homemade marinara sauce. Yum!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Not sure... forgot to grab something on the way out the door to work this morning... thinking about Subway!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Salad with Trader Joe's teeny tiny potatoes, red bell peppers, hard boiled egg, celery, carrots, red onions, with Paul Newman's Light Italian con Limone :) Yum!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing my boyfriend lunch from a bakery nearby, and it's going to be a gluten-free calzone and Mac n Chez. I'm going to snag some soup (it's a gloomy day in Seattle) and maybe some of his mac n chez :P
    The whole bakery is organic, gluten-free, and vegan. I love the place!!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Salad with Trader Joe's teeny tiny potatoes, red bell peppers, hard boiled egg, celery, carrots, red onions, with Paul Newman's Light Italian con Limone :) Yum!

Love their teeny potatoes!
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    were they canned veggies? I do not understand why there is so much sodium in your veggies?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Romaine salad with chicken ,kirby cucumbers, red peppers, carrots, onions, sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg
    and a granny smith apple!
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Lunch catered in to work from a local bbq place. Pulled chicken sandwich, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw and a cookie...no cookie for me!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chicken Ranchero Smart Mini Wraps....you get 2 wraps for 220 cals and they are yummy, quick, and convenient. I throw a fruit in and I am full!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers, as usual. Today it's Thai coconut corn soup, a la Food.com

http://www.food.com/recipe/thai-coconut-corn-soup-427815

This comes in at only 204 calories per serving for 6 servings.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with Meat Sauce... Its better than a bacon cheeseburger with fries ;)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    were they canned veggies? I do not understand why there is so much sodium in your veggies?

Nope frozen. I now see that they are in a garlic herb sauce... that would be my guess.

Also, I don't really care too much about my chicken. They don't have a ton of sodium in them considering they are "marinated" and I don't need to add something to it for flavor. 110 calories and 230 sodium doesn't seem too bad to me for a marinated chicken breast. Still much better than the frozen meals I used to eat DAILY.