I posted to the S Health board, but it looks like it's pretty inactive... Gear Fit 2 Pro and MFP Q

Options
ashliedelgado
ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
edited May 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
My very thoughtful husband upgraded my Fitbit Alta HR for a Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro as an early Mother's day gift.

I'm trying really hard not to hate it and make it work for me. I'm not a fan of the S Health app, and I have used MFP for 5 years, I don't want to change. Everything I have read is telling me that 1) there is very little functionality between Samsung products and MFP, I'm better off using Lifesum, 2) I should be using UA Record to track everything instead of S Health, and 3) I can have my steps sync or my exercise.

Help! How have you made this work for you? Fitbit was far from seamless, but they at least communicated. I don't want to be ungrateful, it was a thoughtful gift but so far I'm not impressed.

Edit because I had resolved one of my issues

Replies

• JenniferBennett3
    JenniferBennett3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the Gear Fit 2 and there are definitely some communication issues between S health and MFP. I actually use the S health app pretty heavily because it pulls all my accessories together but food tracking is much easier in MFP so I transfer data back and forth. For the most part, they work fine, but when they stop working I have found that disconnecting the apps in MFP, restarting the app, and then reconnecting S health fixes most of my errors.