salad ideas

Options
hi everyone,

im looking for salad ideas/recipes, anyone who would like to share i would be more than happy to try it.

happy and healthy eating. :happy:

Replies

• myraamparo13
    Options
    hi everyone,

im looking for salad ideas/recipes, anyone who would like to share i would be more than happy to try it.

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Add sesame seeds or pistachio/cashew nuts to salad - gves them a bit more crunch :tongue:
  • mslovetoteach
    Options
    I LOVE to roast some almonds..........just take a frying pan with some blanced almonds and heat them up till they are golden brown. They have AMAZING flavor. What a fantastic addition to your green leaf lettuce. Another wonderful tidbit is that I have subbed salsa (my favorite is organic emerald green salsa) for my salad dressing. It's so tasty that I have forgotten how much I adore my ranch (fat free ranch is just wrong and yucky in soooooooo many ways!)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Add any or all of the following: sliced avocado, low fat feta cheese, chick peas, frozen peas (thawed), grape tomatoes, sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, sliced raw zucchini, a few olives of any color, pepperoncini, sliced pickles, raisins, sunflower seeds, sliced onion, slivered almonds and of course using different types of lettuce leaves and/or spinach is always fun too!
  • Blue50
    Blue50 Posts: 11
    Options
    Very thin slices of apple with Newman's sesame and ginger lite dressing (35 cal) to your regular salad.
    :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love romaine with sliced pear, a little gorgonzola cheese (a tiny bit goes a long way), dried cranberries and light balsamic dressing. Scrumptious!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    fruit! Apple, pear, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds... all have found their way into my salads at some point, they add a whole new dimension of flavour.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    My bf made a fabulous warm salad for dinner last night. He sauted petters (orange, red, yellow, green ,) and onion then he added thinly sliced leftover steak that he covered in herbs. You warm it up briefly. The mixture in the skillet went on top of a huge bowl of aragula, with some goat feta cheese, sliced green olives, a halapeno peppers and tomatoes. He tossed it and added a red wine vinagrette - it was the best salad I have ever had!
  • myraamparo13
    Options
    fruits in salad does sound a bit interesting. thanks for the replies. i like the sound of sesame and ginger dressing tho.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    mache has a great texture/taste; add balsalmic dressing, blue cheese, toasted walnuts or pinenuts, and tomatoes :love: :love:
  • inadelirium
    Options
    Two of the best salads I ever tried had fruit in them.

One I remember had Romaine, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple slices, chopped toasted walnuts and a raspberry vinaigrette.

Another one had spring/spinach greens fresh strawberries, a balsamic vinaigrette and some chopped walnuts also.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

Thank you for sending me back to my recipe book for this one. I had it at a friend's home, and couldn't believe how good it was. Give it a try:

Broccoli Salad

1 large head broccoli, finely chopped
    1 small red onion, finely chopped
    1/4 c. sunflower seeds
    1/4 c. dried cranberries
    (1 apple, finely chopped, if desired)

2 tbsp. LF mayonnaise
    Apple cider or wine vinegar
    1 tsp. sugar
    salt & pepper to taste

Mix finely chopped veggies in large bowl. Add dressing ingredients. Dressing will be runny. Marinate 4 hours before serving.

And I will add: Mmmmmmmmm...:smile:
  • myraamparo13
    Options
    mmm broccoli salad sounds good, thanks for the recipe