Having issues with my Garmin vivosmart.any ideas?

Options
kam3190
kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
So. My vivosmart was working fine . I had 7698 steps. Then suddenly my watch starts over and was 375 steps, but the app on the phone days 7698 and isn't going up or down.ive tried re..pairing it. And uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Replies

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Has it been awhile since you had it? Maybe the battery needs to be changed. Mine has always worked perfect, but I have never needed to change the battery yet.
  • kam3190
    Options
    Less than a month. I did get a new phone and installed the app on it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Is your watch adding steps to the 375 since that happened? Have you tried shutting down your watch and rebooting it?

Have you been to the Garmin Forums and looked for known issues. And lastly, you can create support ticket in Garmin. If you are familiar with your device you can look or they can at the device files to look for what might have happened.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Have you tried shutting down your watch and rebooting it?

^ This would be the next step to try, if you haven't already. This has always cleared up any glitches I've had with my Garmin.
  • kam3190
    Options
    My watch is adding steps but they aren't picking up on my app. And how do I power off the watch because I can't figure it out
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with mine (Vivosmart HR) and it turned out my phone was wonky and not showing the correct day. Fixed that and resynced and the watch was fixed. But I did lose some data from that day.

Never did figure out why my phone lost a day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    kam3190 wrote: »
    My watch is adding steps but they aren't picking up on my app. And how do I power off the watch because I can't figure it out

Which device do you have? Look up the manual for you device http://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces

If your device reset back to 0 this morning and is calculating steps normally, it might not be your device but sync issues with Garmin Connect and/or MFP (depending on which one is not sending data).

Have you tried using your USB charger and Garmin Express to hard sync it to see if you get errors?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    have you tried manual syncing.

sometimes unpairing and pairing will sort it out