Why is it so hard to lose 15 lbs?!

Options
cherylefmw
cherylefmw Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
As I get older, it’s getting harder and harder to lose weight! Hoping to get motivation and inspiration to reach my goal. I want to lose 15lbs, and I decided, instead of looking at the big picture, I will concentrate on trying to lose 1 lb/week until I reach my goal. Hoping to meet people who would like to do the same and possibly motivate and inspire each other to reach our personal goals.

Replies

• MeowRaff
    MeowRaff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If I knew the answer I would tell u lol but keep pushing girl.
  • cherylefmw
    Options
    Thank you! Started last week (again!).
  • newfitjoyce
    newfitjoyce Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way lol
    But yes!! Let’s get to our goal!! I have 13 more pounds to go to reach my goal. I’ve been trying to eat better and cutting out all the junk food and only drinking water. I would’ve been at my goal weight by now, but my cheat meals have turned into cheat days. You got this!!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Small amounts of weight like 15lbs tends to come off slower if it's near your goal weight, and sometimes it can get masked by weight fluctuations. 0.5lbs/week might be a better rate of loss. Be vigilant with your tracking, use a trending weight app or weigh every day and keep watching that bigger picture. You'll get there :smile:
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    It’s not too hard it take time, dedication, hard work if you watch YouTube videos of girls working out it’s not all pills, surgery, genetics some actually change their lifestyle made fitness a #1 priority you can too
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I’m a 55 year old woman and I agree. It goes on way too fast and just cements itself to you lol. But slow steady healthy eating, exercising, lots and lots of water has helped me. I’ve been on MFP since 2011, with off and on spurts. My cholesterol increased twice last year and my doc told me I needed to make some changes. I did. And came back to MFP in September last year. I began at 175.4. This morning I weighed in at 133.0.

It’s like others before me have said, when starting from overweight, the weight fell off me like crazy. But the closer I got to my goal it became a major struggle. I’ve had to adjust my diet and exercise to accommodate plateaus and found a niche that currently works for me. I’m sure in time I’ll have to change it again but that’s just a part of this road we’re all on.

Feel free to add me if you like. Keep pushing and you’ll get there! Oh, on a side note, at my last checkup all my lab work came back perfect. My doc said my cholesterol was ‘excellent’ and that just made my day. It proves hard work, healthy eating, and exercise will pay off in more ways than simple weight loss! Good luck!
  • cherylefmw
    Options
    I appreciate your story. Thanks for giving me hope :)