Keto and intermittent fasting

Options
NGentRD
NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
edited May 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Combing these two on a cyclic schedule. Found it very helpful, mental clarity and memory has improved. Overall better mood and athletic endurance. If anyone has any questions we can discuss on here!

[post edited by MFP mod]

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Combing these two on a cyclic schedule. Found it very helpful, mental clarity and memory has improved. Overall better mood and athletic endurance. If anyone has any questions email me at gentraining@outlook.com or we can discuss on here!

What kind of cyclic schedule?
  • SarahVanLoo
    SarahVanLoo Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I started it a little over a year ago. Overall I have lost 3 lbs, but that is it, and I still have another 3 lbs to get to an "average" weight. I was successful at first and have been able to keep the weight off and not gain any back. I have slacked quite a bit since November, and have attributed my slacking to the fact that I have not been losing lbs.
  • NGentRD
    Options
    @Wetcoaster ketone bodies improve the efficiency and energy levels of the mitochondria, which produce energy for the body’s cells. Ketosis can also help make new mitochondria and increase ATP in your brain’s memory cells. I am not always on this feed as you can see, this is my first post. Not selling anything...I know hard to believe. Just looking to give advice. That email is for my person training but I don't do online coaching as I feel it is a waste of time and money because of the lack of accountability.
  • NGentRD
    Options
    @mph323 I started powerlifting a while ago, before keto, and I had very poor nutritional habbits, as a result however, I increased strength. I needed to lose weight but still wanted to keep as much strength as possible so I made up a schedule. I would only fast for 16 hours every other day, timing my meals before I worked out. Usually id fuel up before a workout. The keto isnt cyclic however I am trying a cyclic keto diet once I hit my goal weight!
  • NGentRD
    Options
    @SarahVanLoo , weight lossed is weight lossed! If you feel like you're truly not making progress and are slacking as a result, give yourself a timeframe. Its great to have a goal but you need to have a time frame otherwise you give yourself forever to do it. One thing to remember, keto isnt for everyone and its not a "magic diet", and at times it can be really hard. You may not see results, its going to go slower than what you want it to be, but if you quit you wont get anywhere right? don't quit and you'll get results you want.
  • NGentRD
    Options
    @paperpudding yeah maybe I shouldn't have included my email then. I can see that. I'm just not always on here and email, to me, is how I get in touch with people the most.

Also, i agree. Not sure if you read my reply but I said its not a magic diet. I've been doing research on it for years and it's just something I personally had troubles and success with. And by research I don't mean googling keto.