Elliptical or Weight?

Options
I'm doing Turbo Fire 6 days a week. For those that aren't familiar with it it's basically cardio with HIITs. They do have 1-2days of resistance band training which is good. In addition, I go to the gym Monday, Wednesday & Friday and do the elliptical only for 20mins and burn about 225-275calories. I still have about 10lbs to lose but I also want to tone up. Nothing muscular like Jillian Michaels (love it but its not for me). I just want to look toned and have definition.

My question is...on the days I go to the gym would you add weight training instead of the elliptical? or stick with justt the elliptical? both is not an option.

Prior to starting Turbo Fire I was going to the gym 4-5days (cardio 2-3days and weights 2days). I was using heavy weight with low reps. I loved the results but since I started Turbo Fire and stopped I feel like my thights & triceps are all wiggly now. I am losing more inches with Turbo Fire but my muscle seems to be going too. What to do, what to do!?!?!

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If it were me... you're already doing cardio with Turbo Fire so I'd definately choose weights at the gym.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Weights! Weights! Weights!

If you want article I can find some but really, weights have made such a difference for my body.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Weights absolutely, why do cardio at home, and go to the gym for more cardio?
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Weights it is! I actually prefer weights over cardio anyway.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Definitely weights at the gym (free weights, heavy, with low reps, like you said you did before) since you are already getting in plenty of cardio.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to cardio very quickly, so I would do weights. But the last ten pounds is going to made int eh kitchen. Are you eatign back ALL those calories?