Macros

Options
Anyone calculate/count macro's and not pay much attention to calories?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is counting calories in a different way.

Carbs and protein are 4 kcal per gram
    Fats are 9 kcal per gram

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I've been through phases where I just track protein for a week or so to see where I am.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    When you count macros you are counting calories by default.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you, I realize that counting macro's is counting calories by default. I want to know if anyone actually calculates/counts them vs. just calories alone. In other words... sure I could eat X amount of calories in protein and no other macro all day long. I did the actual math, looking to see if anyone else has. Thanks much.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you, I realize that counting macro's is counting calories by default. I want to know if anyone actually calculates/counts them vs. just calories alone. In other words... sure I could eat X amount of calories in protein and no other macro all day long. I did the actual math, looking to see if anyone else has. Thanks much.

I think there are a fair number of people here doing IIFYM or plans like that, so they're counting macros. I don't know if they would self-describe as not paying much attention to calories.

Agreed. I'm one of those people who plays close attention to my macros, but end of the day, hitting the overall calorie goal is most important.