Looking to Lose 80 Pounds by November 2018

Options
paigemcfall
paigemcfall Posts: 15 Member
Hey everyone! I am looking to lose 80 pounds by my wedding in November! I keep falling off track. I need someone who is serious about their weight loss journey and can keep me accountable/ encourage me so I can be healthy for the big day!

Replies

• Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish a lot in 6 months!! This time will pass whether or not you get started today...Motivation doesn't last but dedication does. You need dedication.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You are running out of time! You must start now and go at it like you are on a mission. You see your goal so dedicate yourself to it. The only one you can cheat is yourself. I was looking at my weight graph this morning. I had lost about 20 pounds and went all in and lost 30 more. The graph of my weight looked like a steep cliff. I put 25 back on and I am sick about it so I have started running again. This has caused me to feel better and start losing again. Please don't starve yourself a small deficit will work if you log honestly. starvation never works and you will get sick. Good luck!
  • danielives
    danielives Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Paigemcfall, I can relate. I am in a similar situation. I am in a wedding party in Sept. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs by then. Yes, staying on track is challenging, but we can do this. I believe losing 1-2 lbs per week is doable. We will look healthy and feel great by the wedding dates. The goal for me is to continue eating well and exercise long after the wedding. I am very serious about this weight loss journey we can keep each other accountable. If that’s ok.
  • Longhaireddie
    Longhaireddie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have just lost 70 in 6 months. It is possible depending on a fe things. I was doing twice a day workouts and really hitting my diet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's quicker than the maximum 2 pounds a week MFP will allow. You can probably do 30-40 in that time (probably on the lower end to stop after your final dress fitting so it isn't too big for the big day) and then continue on after your honeymoon.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Congrats!! I am in the same boat of losing weight for my wedding. I am trying to get 35lbs off by October.

When I first started, I lost really quick. It was tough but I was determined. Anything is possible but it is a really aggressive goal, especially as you get farther into your weight loss journey. I have personally found that looking at the larger goal makes me overwhelmed. I said I am going to lose "X" amount of weight this month. After that I looked at where I was and made a goal for the next month and so on. I have pretty much been doing that for the last 1.5 years, taking it 1 month at a time.

Question: If you were to try for 80 but lost 40lbs, would you be happy?
  • danielives
    Options
    Bekah7482 congras tp you as well.
    My question during the 1.5 yrs have the weight loss been continuous or did you plateau at times? How is it going now for you?
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    danielives wrote: »
    Bekah7482 congras tp you as well.
    My question during the 1.5 yrs have the weight loss been continuous or did you plateau at times? How is it going now for you?

It has been all over the place. Some weeks I'm up, others I am down but overall I am in a downward trend since starting my journey. I have only actually plateaued twice, both were about 4 weeks of no loss even though I was eating and working out like I should. The rest of the time when I am not losing weight, I can attribute it to looking at my eating or exercise habits and find where I am slipping up.

I am definitely not losing as much recently, but again, if I am being honest, I am not 100% on my routine. When I am on my routine, my weight loss is great still.
  • danielives
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty acknowledging that when we don’t stick to our routine our weight loss will be impacted. That okay, sometimes we simply want to enjoy life. However, I like your approach month to month. I think I have to start smaller week to week and increase my exercise routine. Hopefully paigemcfall and I will do well with the support of the community.
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    danielives wrote: »
    I appreciate your honesty acknowledging that when we don’t stick to our routine our weight loss will be impacted. That okay, sometimes we simply want to enjoy life. However, I like your approach month to month. I think I have to start smaller week to week and increase my exercise routine. Hopefully paigemcfall and I will do well with the support of the community.

I agree. I had a lot of weight to lose. When I started I had 210lb I needed to lose. You know how daunting 210lb of weight loss is? So I started with 20lbs, then 20more and chipped away at it. I am 8lbs from my next goal and I will make a new one from there. 20lbs feels a lot more doable mentally than 210lbs.

You can do this. Remember to forgive yourself after moments of weakness. And when you are feeling weak or like you want to give up, remember why you want to lose the weight. Never forget the why!
  • danielives
    Options
    That is wonderful CONGRATULATIONS on you weight loss thus far!! It’s puts things in prespective for me. It’s also good to remember forgiving myself for a weak moment. I usually don’t do that and spiral out of control. I will borrow you phrase “ Never forget the why”. Chat again soon . Gotta run now.