GAINED ALL THE WEIGHT BACK

Options
i was doing really good and lost a good amount of weight. And I don't know how to get back on track ?

Replies

• simkins_mary
    simkins_mary Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing...
  • ArunDoss
    ArunDoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too tried hard last about 10 kg last year. Gained everything in last 6 months and another 2kg more.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    emma111222 wrote: »
    i was doing really good and lost a good amount of weight. And I don't know how to get back on track ?

That happened to me, too. At the end of 2015, I lost about 30lbs. I kept it off for awhile but broke my leg and just couldn't get my butt back in gear. To be honest, it's taken me this long to get back to tracking. I just got fed up.
    Start small, tracking what you're eating, and make small changes for the better. I don't know your fitness level, but maybe plan to go for a walk a couple times a week. I find it's easy for me to get the momentum going once I start to remember how good it feels to eat good food and exercise :smile:
    You got this!!
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's SO much harder to maintain weight loss than it is to lose the weight in the first place (and that's really hard too!)

It's the dirty little secret of weight loss. MOST people gain the weight back. It sucks so bad. Don't beat yourself up. You're not alone. Just start small and don't give up!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I went from 120 kg to 87 kg, then back up to 128 kg, then down to 90 kg. Up I went again - am now around 103 kg. It's hard to lose it all over again - and for me it has been very slow. However, I've learned my lesson. I do know that most people put it all on again, but I'm determined not to this time.
  • MaxxPowerrr
    MaxxPowerrr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lost 70lbs back in 2015 and have gained it all back. Having a really hard time getting the momentum going to start gain. Could use all the help, motivation, accountability, and support I can get.
  • MrsRachaelFisk1
    MrsRachaelFisk1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I lost 30lbs back in 2014 and gained back 37lbs. I then lost 43lbs in 2017 and have now gained back 14lbs.

Can I get an amen for how insanely difficult weight maintenance is?! No one ever tells you that it's waaaaay more difficult than the weight loss itself.

I feel your pain and I am here to vent also.

Add me as a friend if you would like some motivation - I'm a re-starter too!

xx
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I lost over half my body weight over 5 years ago. Gained back half of what I lost and so I am back at it too. I know what to do to lose, but did not have the discipline to keep on my program to maintain the loss. Maintenance was harder than losing the weight.
    The statistics are that over 80% of people that lose weight gain it back within 5 years, so none of us are alone.
    There is no "magic" involved in any of this. Barring no medical issues, the simple fact is, eat less calories than you burn to lose weight. To maintain the loss, eat calories = to burned calories. Not easy for me, but this time I am not giving in to temptation!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    So many stories about relapse. Me too. I think @cheryldumais has it right. Tortoise wins the race. I read the maintenance threads more now, the technique seems to be that after you hit your goal you should set a weight maintenance band like a thermostat. When you hit the high on your band your MFP air conditioner kicks in and you go back into deficit mode. Lifestyle modifications (smaller portions, regular exercise, stress control, etc) can dampen the oscillations and make life a bit easier.
  • Ziaki
    Ziaki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. A lot of us have done it. I was 230 at my biggest and for like 2 years I was SUPER into counting my calories and working out. I got into the best shape of my life. I was 140 and I legit almost had abs.

Then I started working a second job, I got promoted at my main job and I was working 70 hours a week. The gym and my eating habits went right out the window. I'm back up to 200lbs now.

I honestly didn't care the much but I came back to MFP because my work is doing a "Biggest Loser" challenge and there's money involved and I'm broke.

Just bummed that MFP purged my old account so all my recipes I had stored are gone : (
  • ricoywu
    ricoywu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi all. well I was 305lbs in 2008, I lost 41lbs and hit the WALL. I gained 33lbs back as of today. I'm challenging myself for 19 weeks of better eating and MORE training. friend request me, I need the support. If you're in So. CAL. in the Whittier area I do Zumba 2x a week Tuesday and Thursday. If you'd like to try, I have a + 1 pass. So that's it, here we go... again. :)
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You want to know why people gain the weight back? Because they go back to their old way of eating at some point in time. I've gained and lost 100's of pounds in my life. I'm currently losing the 60 pounds I lost 10 years ago and then gained back. I kept it off for two years by working out 3 to 5 times a week and watching my calorie intake. When I stopped working out and stopped watching my calorie intake, I slowly gained it all back. There is no mystery as to how it happened. It all boils down to calories in and calories out.