What are YOUR favorite diet foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• onek9lover
    Options
    I would love the recipe for that reduced fat peanut butter and soy sauce meal... I like the tuna fish packets for lunch, there are some greek frozen yogurt bars we buy at bj's, 100 cal packs of popcorn are good too...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    eggs
    fresh sausage
    spinach
    tomatoes
    nuts
    nut butter
    coffee
    heavy cream
    honey
    steak/beef
    chicken
    turkey, (not deli slices)
    duck
    salmon
    cod
    shrimp
    halibut
    peaches
    all berries
    apples
    plums
    cauliflower
    broccoli
    beets
    butternut squash

I was going to say, forget diet food and focus on real food. But karincakes here beat me to it :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Fish and Rice Cakes.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My favorite foods:

hummus
    tzatziki
    Luna bars
    apple dippers with yogurt
    lentil taco filling (mmm)
    squash casserole (a bit high on the sodium though)
    laughing cow cheese
    steamed broccoli - or any veggie for that fact
  • jlg05001
    jlg05001 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just a response to people who say "don't eat diet foods"

the foods I listed are "diet" in terms of being low calorie....they're also higher in vital nutrients like fiber and protein. So "diet" doesn't necessarily mean artificial, but rather diet-friendly and healthy.
  • ruthiegirl66
    Options
    Stacey's Simply Naked Baked Pita chips
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies
    Fiber One 50calorie nonfat yogurt
    Laughing Cow light cheese wedges
    Dreamfields low carb pasta
    Lays Baked Tostito chips
    Lays Baked bbq chips
    Act II 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream bars
    V8 original
    SoBe Lifewater 0 calorie
    Lots of the Crystal Light drink mixes
    Fresh Strawberries & blueberries
    Zucchini and Yellow Squash
    Sara Lee 45 calorie whole grain bread
    Jello Sugar free Pudding cups
    Pilsbury Sugar Free cake mix, yellow & devils food
    Pilsbury Sugar Free brownie mix
    Silk unsweetened 35 calorie almond milk
    applesauce in place of Oil in recipes
    fat free cholesterol free egg
    I use the last 3 on my list here for all of my baking, It really cuts down on the fat and calories in recipes! I have lost 57 pounds so far, my husband 52, my youngest daughter 50+ and my oldest daughter just joined us in our mission to get healthy and eat right.
    We still go out to eat but are very careful where we go and what we order.

Places we still go to eat
    Mcdonalds, they have pretty good salads with grilled chicken, when u are in a hurry
    Subway of course, they have tons of options with the salads and they flatbread 6" turkey, ham or veggie are low fat options
    Panda Express the broccoli chix or broccoli beef, string bean chix, garlic chix, black pepper chix, mushroom chix are all low calorie options and get the steamed veggies in place of any rice or noodle!
    Applebees, they have some 550 calorie menu options
    Lone Star Steakhouse grilled chicken and baked sweet potato no butter side salad w light ranch
    There are usually options where ever you go now, we have just become more aware of what they are and try to choose them.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    -Pretzel Crisps
    -Pop Chips
    -PB2
    -Vitamuffins
    -SKinny Cow Ice creams
    -Luna Bars
    -Sugar Free Jello Cups
    -0% Fage Greek Yogurt
    -Mini Babybel Light
    -Arctic Zero Ice cream
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Seaweed snacks - I get these ones at the Asian store that are Japanese style, extra crispy and in lots of flavors (plain, hot and spicy, tom yum (shrimp and lime), kim chee and more. VERY low in calories (a whole bag is 120 cal and it's a pretty big bag). Great for mindless munching.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    So people actually ENJOY eating rice cakes?! Everyone I've seen eating them hates them, but eats them as they're low cal. To me its just like eating polystyrene :(
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love all these ideas! Thanks for starting this post. I've been doing more and more cooking and baking in an effort towards health and low cal.

1. apple sauce or bananas = instead of oil and butter (respectively)
    2. splenda = instead or in addition to sugar (I find a mix works best)
    3. egg whites = instead of eggs (again, I find a mix of egg substitute + eggs does wonders)
    4. low sodium canned products (like beans and stewed tomatoes)
    5. brown rice and whole grain bread w/protein (a few more calories in some cases, but makes me feel full longer)

My go to fast food is (1) Taco Bell and (2) Subway. I'm a vegetarian and they are a relatively healthy fast food. I get the bean burrito and tostada + extra tomatoes and onions. Sometimes, I get Fresca style = no cheese to save on calories.

Otherwise:

1. Humus!!!!! Great with veggies, on sandwiches, or to dip
    2. Salsa!!!! In place of salad dressing, to dip veggies in, to cook with as seasoning
    3. melon & strawberries - lots of vitamins + you can eat more than you can of other fruits for the same calories
    4. 365 Fat Free Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing (Whole Foods) - 10 calories per tbsp (unbelievable and tastes good)!
    5. Tiger’s Milk Nutrition Bars – protein and peanut butter – 140 calories and delicious
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Seaweed snacks - I get these ones at the Asian store that are Japanese style, extra crispy and in lots of flavors (plain, hot and spicy, tom yum (shrimp and lime), kim chee and more. VERY low in calories (a whole bag is 120 cal and it's a pretty big bag). Great for mindless munching.

These sound yum will have a look for them in the Asian aisle of the supermarket ;)
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So people actually ENJOY eating rice cakes?! Everyone I've seen eating them hates them, but eats them as they're low cal. To me its just like eating polystyrene :(

I love them with a thin spread of nutella on - yummy
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Fat free refried beans (so filling)
    Egg whites
    fibre one english muffins
    sargento 50 cal cheese sticks[] Tools
    Hummus Hummus Hummus!!!

Feel free to add me :)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10132576.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss[/url