Intro

Options
Hey everybody.....it's a sad day when you discover that your 50 lbs over your ideal weight. For me, I'd say it's been sneaking up on me for the past 6 years or so. Every year that passed saw an addtional 10 pounds. I've been pretty fortunate because I'm naturally big, I don't look that over weight. But i guess when you got family and friends pointing out that your fat, it becomes time to do something about it. I'm not worried about the weight as much as I am the health effects. I'm 24 and boderline hypertension stage 1, plus I smoke a pack a day. I finally figured out that thats a recipe for disaster. Now, I've been in shape before, I've played football, baseball, and other sports, so I know it will take a combination of diet "AND" exercise. I look forward to burning off this fat and maybe making a friend or two in the process. If anybody here needs support, recommendations, or just a friend to chat with, send me a message, I'll do what I can to help. I've got some experience in working out, 4 years of football, 6 years of Army, and couple years weight lifting.

Replies

• crispyjones2003
    Options
    Hey everybody.....it's a sad day when you discover that your 50 lbs over your ideal weight. For me, I'd say it's been sneaking up on me for the past 6 years or so. Every year that passed saw an addtional 10 pounds. I've been pretty fortunate because I'm naturally big, I don't look that over weight. But i guess when you got family and friends pointing out that your fat, it becomes time to do something about it. I'm not worried about the weight as much as I am the health effects. I'm 24 and boderline hypertension stage 1, plus I smoke a pack a day. I finally figured out that thats a recipe for disaster. Now, I've been in shape before, I've played football, baseball, and other sports, so I know it will take a combination of diet "AND" exercise. I look forward to burning off this fat and maybe making a friend or two in the process. If anybody here needs support, recommendations, or just a friend to chat with, send me a message, I'll do what I can to help. I've got some experience in working out, 4 years of football, 6 years of Army, and couple years weight lifting.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Crispy and I'm glad you found this site, I think you'll find it most helpful!

You are just like my Son, he is a former Airborne Ranger, Special Ops...was so fit and trim then...picked up beer drinking and tobacco chewing but now at 27 he's cut the bad habits...
    He lives in England where he plays American Football for the British League...he trains regularly, weights and field training...he is very fit once again but will never be Army Lean again...he was 215 in the Army and now in his late 20s with football and weights he looks and feels lean at 240 - 260...he's 6'1" and a big fella...his arms are as big as most mens thighs! Have a look at my profile page!

I like to weight train, bellydance and practice Fluidity...also have begun to incorporate more Yoga...the diet and nutrition are my areas of failure...I do real good then I do real bad...working on it though and the food diary at this site is a most useful tool.

Take care,
    Fat Dancer
  • crispyjones2003
    Options
    Your right, sounds like your son and I were cut from the same cloth, except I don't play football now, I got an office job. Dieting and nutrition have been my number 1 killers....especially Captain and Coke. Plus smoking don't help either. Anyway, cheating the nutrition by taking vitamin pills. This way I'm sure to get the stuff that most of us don't normally get enough of. I have to say though, since I've been taking it for a few weeks now, I can notice a difference in my energy levels. I was pretty surprised. Eating healthy is gonna be the hardest, Army food had turned me off of traditional eating and started me on the Burger Kings and McDonald's.

Anyway, I'm glad you replied, I'll see what that diary can do for me. I had a friend who had a taste for bad foods also, she told me that she reserves her cheat day for Sunday's, the other days she forces herself to eat healthy. Seemed to work well for her, who knows.

Catch u later
    Chris
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When I do drink now I mix it with diet if I am out or with crystal light when I am at home. I know it might not sound too "manly" when you order it but it saves more than half the the calories. Good luck on everything
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!