I have to be doing something wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• cindytelson2017
    cindytelson2017 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I try very hard to get the macros correct so sometimes I only eat one ounce of meat in order to get the right percentage on protein. Same goes for carbs fats I try to get the exact percentage on the macros so when I have walnuts for example I weigh it as a quarter ounce and sprinkle it on my yogurt sometimes I have to eat an ounce and a half of avocado to get the right amount of fat percentage it’s really maddening. I am so precise it drives me insane sometimes.
  • cindytelson2017
    Options
    The fruit salad was from a recipe I made
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The fruit salad was from a recipe I made

I did not mention the fruit salad, that is clear that is homeeade by the way that is logged..

I was talking about your fruit and veggies.

Eta: Maybe take some time and read these links on how to log your food intake accurately.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1290491/how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale/p1

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I do see a few things in your diary (such as blueberries, strawberries, yogurt) where you measure in cups or units like "1 berry" or "1 serving" when you'd be better off weighing them. But that's pretty minor. Some entries seem tailored for hitting one serving exactly. That's actually hard to do, and I wonder if you're actually weighing them?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Dumb comment maybe but make sure you're using accurate entries (raw, cooked, dry, usda etc)
  • staraly
    staraly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also hypo. I agree with taking a diet break and eating at maintenance then reducing again to try to kick start your weight loss.
    I also find that if I eat the same thing all the time and aim for the same calorie intake everyday I get stuck. You might want to consider some small changes to your food routine or try having higher calorie days and lower calorie days but keeping within your weekly calorie limit: a bit like the new version of the 5:2 diet, which isn't as restrictive as the original. I tend to eat this way anyway, just didn't know it had a name.
  • cindytelson2017
    Options
    Great suggestions all. I was thinking that I’m eating too much of the same food all the time besides it being extremely boring it does seem to stick you in a rut with a diet. And I will amend my first comment after looking at my profile as was suggested to see if the weight had been changed so as to amend my calorie intake I did notice I started logging in here in September 25th 2017 so it’s been a little over six months with that I am averaging a little under 5 pounds loss per month. But the last two months have only been 5 pounds and that’s why I am frustrated. So since I’m taking a mini vacation I will do the maintenance and not stress about it for a while.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions all. I was thinking that I’m eating too much of the same food all the time besides it being extremely boring it does seem to stick you in a rut with a diet. And I will amend my first comment after looking at my profile as was suggested to see if the weight had been changed so as to amend my calorie intake I did notice I started logging in here in September 25th 2017 so it’s been a little over six months with that I am averaging a little under 5 pounds loss per month. But the last two months have only been 5 pounds and that’s why I am frustrated. So since I’m taking a mini vacation I will do the maintenance and not stress about it for a while.

OK, that's entirely different. You were doing well enough before when then impression was you'd started logging in July, but if you started later and in fact are still losing you're doing very well indeed. Remember that weight loss is not linear.