I did the unthinkable

rlyons1083
rlyons1083 Posts: 1 Member
I ate one cookie...I tracked it and moved on. Sometimes I avoid trigger foods all together because I'm afraid I'll make a fool out of my food log. This was a win for me and I'll happily take it!

Replies

• mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    That's a huge win! Great job!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Well done! I always try and track things like that and it helps to keep me as close to being on track as possible :) It makes the dieting thing much more easy to manage.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    edited May 2018
    My dairy from yesterday consisted of

coffee with sugar free creamer 110 cals
    a bag of chex mix 960 cals
    a bag of animal crackers 600 cals
    diet coke 0
    cheese toast w/ butter for late night snack 400 cals

My diary looked like crap, but I was under my calorie goal for the day. (and logged a loss on the scale this morning)

total 2070cals less 450 activity calorie burn = 1620 net calories. My calorie goal for weigh loss is 1623 (per Scooby's TDEE calculator.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Once I realized that weight loss is all about HOW MUCH I eat, not WHAT I eat, I became more comfortable logging everything - the good, the bad and the extremely ugly.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Yup, I added the burger, fries and cider from going out to eat last night. A 2300 calorie day

It was a long day, had to take my daughter shopping for a formal dress and we were exhausted and starving at 9:00 at night. I got no exercise (aside from the steps at the mall) and MFP told me I'd gain 5 pounds if I ate like this every day. But I know I won't eat like this everyday and the world will be fine.
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Couldn't resist it any more...finished off the kids Kraft Mac n cheese last night...for almost 1000 Cal...but it fit into my day and I won't be craving that again anytime soon!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    My dairy from yesterday consisted of

coffee with sugar free creamer 110 cals
    a bag of chex mix 960 cals
    a bag of animal crackers 600 cals
    diet coke 0
    cheese toast w/ butter for late night snack 400 cals

My diary looked like crap, but I was under my calorie goal for the day. (and logged a loss on the scale this morning)

total 2070cals less 450 activity calorie burn = 1620 net calories. My calorie goal for weigh loss is 1623 (per Scooby's TDEE calculator.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Once I realized that weight loss is all about HOW MUCH I eat, not WHAT I eat, I became more comfortable logging everything - the good, the bad and the extremely ugly.

Ohhh, which Chex Mix?? Turtle is my favorite!! I totally intend to have a day later on that includes a bag! Haven't got the craving yet, so not going to do it just for the sake of doing it, but it'll happen. lol. I love that stuff.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Eating just 'one' cookie was, in my experience anyways, a good thing. It is helping you by giving you some confidence that you were able to just have one and move on. You can always rely on that moment to get through a future event.

Progress girl!! WTG
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    @serindipte,

I had the traditional mix. The local Dollar Store had the 8.25oz bag for $1.00. Talk about a caloric value!
  • toseeme
    toseeme Posts: 33 Member
    That is a win! Bask in the glorious victory of not over doing it : )
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    The 'unthinkable' wow...I have a treat like that every day, I don't think of it as unthinkable, I work the treat into my calories :smile:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    The 'unthinkable' wow...I have a treat like that every day, I don't think of it as unthinkable, I work the treat into my calories :smile:

Way to burst her bubble...
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I thought that you were going to say something like you kissed a girl and did not like it! :-)

On a more serious note, good for you. If you have to avoid "trigger foods" at the moment then do that. By all means. I should hope that the day will come for you when there are no more "trigger foods" at all. The relationship with food is a fickle thing for some people. For me - mostly - it is just fuel for my body. I guess that I am very fortunate in that regard.

Chalk this one up in the Victory column. Day 1. Hey, every journey needs to have a "Day 1", right? Otherwise....it ain't *kitten*! I am guessing that MFP still replaces certain words with *kitten*! I did it for MFP. See how kind I am? LOL!

Good for you......keep on, keeping on.
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats.

But can you eat just one chip?