Exercising more but the scale is stuck!

Well my scale was moving right along for the first couple of weeks but now that I have started exercising the scale is stuck:explode: What the heck happened? Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Well my scale was moving right along for the first couple of weeks but now that I have started exercising the scale is stuck:explode: What the heck happened? Anyone else have this problem?
    Normal. It's water retention from starting exercise. Will go away after a couple of weeks of CONSISTENT exercise.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Normal. It's water retention from starting exercise. Will go away after a couple of weeks of CONSISTENT exercise.

thanks!! the same thing is happening to me.
  • kcleslie2113
    kcleslie2113 Posts: 8 Member
    Also remember, when you first start exercising your body is burning fat and gaining muscle =)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member

Building muscle!!! This is a good thing, muscle burns calories faster, so in a couple weeks you'll see even faster results, keep up the good work!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    are you eating enough???? your body will hold on to everything when you start exercising if you dont feed it...... make sure you are providing enough fuel for your body...
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    sometimes you can lose inches but weight the same maybe should also measure your body inches as well so you not get discouraged by the scale
  • nanakay007
    nanakay007 Posts: 7 Member
    thanks for asking! i am experiencing the same thing! i have been faithful to my exercise......keeping my chin up. thanks for all the responses!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    well i have to say that i am experiencing the same thing i have been working out for 2 months and eating well and not a thing i have lost than i gain it all back in a week or two. i don't get it. i gained again this week 1 lb. so any thoughts?