Stupid question

Options
Intermittent fasting helps in keto diet. If I’m going to be hungry anyway what’s the point of keto. I could do a fast eat pecan pie ( staying within caloric boundaries) and still lose weight. Please help. I want keto to work but am getting discouraged

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Getting hungry is not a problem, it's normal. Starving yourself is a problem. To lose weight, you're supposed to eat a little less, but still get in a balanced diet. How to do that, is up to you. Keto can be one way, but you could also incorporate some pecan pie if that's what you want. You can't expect to eat nothing but pecan pie, though.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's not a stupid question at all. In fact it is a great question and shows that your thinking through the situation to come up with a more sustainable long term solution.
    The keto diet is good for people with certain medical conditions.

There's a lot of people that will claim keto is magical and is the best diet around. They usually won't tell you that a calorie deficit is still needed for weight loss.
    you must create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight ( that is fact)
    People like to repeat all the claims made by quack doctors in order to sell the keto diet as a miracle solution for weight loss but the fact remains that a calorie deficit is still needed.
    For me, I'd rather just eat a well balanced diet in proper portions. I couldn't imagine suffering through a keto diet but that's just me.
    Instead I learned portion control and moderation and have the tools needed for long-term success.
    Don't believe everything you read about keto. There's a lot of people that treat it more like a religion and spread the propaganda around. Don't believe the misinformation and the hype.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You dont have to do iF with keto it doesnt help everyone. Just dont do IF the keto police will not come after you.
  • LisaMelton1
    LisaMelton1 Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I tried keto after hitting a plateau on a traditional well balanced diet. I agree that keto is not a life plan. And honestly I’m not feeling as good as I did on a low fat low carb regime. So back to common sense. I do like pecan pie with
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Both IF and Keto can be an appetite suppressant for some people - but not everyone will have this side effect. If it's not sustainable for you, then you are better off switching to something more suited to fit your lifestyle.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pecan pie sounds lovely but it might be best to focus on nutrient dense foods when you break the fast