Hello

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been using myfitnesspal for a few months now but have never used the forums etc up to today, I use the app on my i phone to log food and exercise and have found it to be inspirational, in fact I probably sound sad now but I dont think I could go a day without it as I am experiencing great results it is changing my life. I wish I had stumbled across it years ago, now I know its not rocket science to lose weight and feel good but it helps me to be able to track and make informed decisions on food intake and exercise. I began at 258 lb and am now down to 243 lb and to be honest I struggle some days to reach my calorie intake goals, I also cycle to work everyday and have joined a gym although i have noticed a slight change with this and dont seem to have lost weight as quickly which was a bit off putting at first but I now realise its muscle tissue growing and replacing fat stores. Anyway you all know how good it is so not wanting to preach to the converted so hello to everyone and hope to get even more inspiration from a group of folk who know how it is. :wink:

Replies

• BekaBear2010
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you! My name is Rebecca, and I just joined yesterday after a friend suggested this site to me. I am SO glad I joined, everyone here has been amazing, and I already feel like I might actually have the motivation to make some real changes in my life this time. Granted, I am still not eating the BEST food, but unfortunately, due to budget constraints, and me being laid off for the summer, my husband and I kind of have to make due with what is cheap, so I will just have to eat that stuff IN MODERATION until we can afford to buy healthier foods. I'm not saying that ALL I eat is crap, but I will say I'm no health nut!

Anyway, enough about me, it was great to hear from you, and I look forward to getting to know you!!

Take care!

Love,
    Rebecca
  • soloved1
    soloved1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every journey of a thousand steps began with just one, you have taken that step; just keep you eyes on the goal and remember just one step at a time and one day at a time...smile you have accomplished much by beginning. I applaud your honesty and humility and I look forward to following your journey and walking with you along the way. Lisa
  • scrumpysi
    scrumpysi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Beka, I hear you with cost of stuff these days it can be expensive to eat healthy, I have set a weekly budget and shop around for deals when they are available in my family there is myself my wife and 3 20 yr old kids who eat mountains lol, I set an account up at the local green grocer but find it expensive and am looking for an alternative, a mate swears by lidl for his fresh veg as its cheaper and lasts longer so maybe I will try there, you will find that mfp will help you to make alternative decisions on what to eat, I was so surprised at the calories in some stuff, if you stick to the calorie counting on the app it will work and you will lose weight. At the moment I shop at the supermarket daily and try and buy the reduced stuff up to press it works good and you get a lot of variation
  • scrumpysi
    scrumpysi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa