I ate a fry!

Options
I ate a fry!

My dept ordered lunch today. I resisted because I knew I had amazing leftovers from last night. However one of my co-works got fries from an awesome take-out joint.... I ate one of her fries....

I'm not writing about it because I'm upset I ate it or because of the calories(10?), but because... it was GROSS! It didn't taste like what I thought it was going to taste like. The texture wasn't what I thought it would be... Then I realized that my tastes in food are changing. That the grease and salt no longer appealed to me. That the crunch and taste of fresh veggies is what appeals to me. That the taste of fresh foods is better then the over processed garbage I used to feed myself.

I see this as an amazing victory!

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    This happened to me awhile back, too! Great job! :)
  • yay! that is a turning point to be proud of! I wish I could feel the same with pizza
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    That is a super accomplishment..way to go!!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    What an amazing discovery! And now you know....grease and salt is gross! WTG!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Isn't that amazing? I try to tell people all the time that if they stop eating loads of sugar and salt that their tastes will change and they won't be able to eat like that anymore. Not many believe me. Thanks for posting.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    fries will always taste good to me! lol
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    i have noticed with sweet foods also after awhile they taste so sweet you cant even eat it
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem, lol...fries are my weakness. I did, however, have that happen with soda. Great NSV!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I was like that with cookies when I first started trying to lose weight. My boyfriend's mother makes AMAZING homemade chocolate chip cookies. Granted, they were still frickin' delicious. But I could only eat one or two, when I was so used to eating 5-6 beforehand. It's a great feeling :)
  • SarahRoseMiranda
    Options
    Wow! That's AWESOME!!!!! I hope the day comes when I hate fries :)
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I ate some of the kids taco rice at lunch today and I was so grossed out! I used to love that stuff and now after just a couple bites, I put down my spoon, and grabbed my usual tuna for lunch instead.
    Way to go girl!