Lowfat Cottage Cheese

Options
amgreenwell
amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
OMG! So, for my whole life I thought I hated cottage cheese. I finally grew up today (41 years old) and decided to give it another try. I AM IN LOVE! I ate some plain and it was amazing, then I added a halo (mandarin orange) and it was incredible!
I have found my newest midday snack. It's high in protein and so YUMMY!
Do you love it?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Yes, so creamy and delicious and with so much protein.

I like it with green salsa and blue tortilla chips. Well, these days, green salsa and celery.

There was an active thread a month or two ago with hundreds of add in options, both sweet and savory.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've always loved it.
  • shannonreidwiltshire
    shannonreidwiltshire Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have recently found this out, too. Actually just finished cottage cheese and a halo for breakfast. Frozen berries are great in it, too.
  • sauronseye
    sauronseye Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    lemurcat I love your avatar! <3

I've always loved cottage cheese! It's my go-to source of protein, other than meat.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in a while, but you guys are making me crave it :) I used to love the fruit topped cottage cheese packs you can buy in the store. Might have to pick some up.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i like mine with hot sauce or just some black pepper mixed in. also with spaghetti.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    I used it as a substitute for ricotta a while back in a spaghetti dish and it was yummy. I might have to do that again.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Eat 1-2lbs of it a night, I love it
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese!
    I like to use a stick blender to blend it smooth and add sweetener and different extracts like rum or maple and eat it like dessert. I also sometimes add PB2 & cocoa. (I use a tall cup that came with the blender)
    I also love it in smoothies for some extra creaminess and protein. I also eat it plain or with fruit.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I mix in a scoop of chocolate protein powder, sugar-free syrup, and a little water to help with mixing; it's like a chunky pudding
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    I love cottage cheese!
    I like to use a stick blender to blend it smooth and add sweetener and different extracts like rum or maple and eat it like dessert. I also sometimes add PB2 & cocoa. (I use a tall cup that came with the blender)
    I also love it in smoothies for some extra creaminess and protein. I also eat it plain or with fruit.

Toss it in the freezer a few hours after you blend it with all your mix ins, becomes a high protein ice cream like dessert! (:

O. M. G.

Mind. Blown.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I sweeten with Splenda and add fruit
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. Recently one of my favorite ways to eat it is with avocado and tomato. It can make a great ricotta substitute. I also use it in oatmeal pancakes and egg casserole.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have a weird relationship with cottage cheese, I can't stand it plain but if I throw some fruit in it (my favorite being pineapple and peaches) I could eat it all day! Funny how that simple change makes me LOVE it.
  • bluekc7
    bluekc7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to add cinnamon and pecans to my cottage cheese, tastes like a cinnamon roll!
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is my go to breakfast...with cut up melon and strawberries! It's my favorite when fresh fruit is in season!
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    Y'all's suggestions are all amazing! My mouth is watering!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is how I use less high calorie salad dressing. If I have 80 grams of greens, I add 80 grams of cottage cheese, and 15 grams of bottled ranch dressing (and peppers, and carrots, and chicken...)

I like Greek yogurt and strawberries for a bed time snack, but if I am out of yogurt will use cottage cheese.

I'll have cottage cheese and sunflower seeds for an afternoon snack sometimes.

Stop & Shop had Muuna cottage cheese for their Free day recently and I really like the texture, but normally I get Cabot.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Eat 1-2lbs of it a night, I love it

Did you seriously say 1 or 2lbs?????

Yesssirrr

Something wrong? Lol