Looking for friends/moms/Runners/or just supportive people :)

Options
JENNIENS
JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
I'm training for my first marathon (Chicago Marathon 2018). I also need to lose about 15-20 pounds in the process just so my knees can handle running that far. I have ran 12 half marathons. I'm a costume designer/maker so I love running in costume. I'm a mom to 5 kids that I delivered all by c section it was my main reason for joining years ago, to get back into shape. I log in everyday and try to be supportive to my friends but over the years they have slowly disappeared from MFP. Looking to add a few more now! :)

Replies

• DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    JENNIENS wrote: »
    I'm training for my first marathon (Chicago Marathon 2018). I also need to lose about 15-20 pounds in the process just so my knees can handle running that far. I have ran 12 half marathons. I'm a costume designer/maker so I love running in costume. I'm a mom to 5 kids that I delivered all by c section it was my main reason for joining years ago, to get back into shape. I log in everyday and try to be supportive to my friends but over the years they have slowly disappeared from MFP. Looking to add a few more now! :)

Hey! :) I'll be with you all the way.
  • noreenomar09
    noreenomar09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello

I also have 5 kids age 1-6. Had them all vaginally. I've got 60 pounds to lose. I definitely need motivation. I can eat healthy but can't find time for a good workout which I desire.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I need to get serious about running again. There is a half marathon in September I want to run. And like you, I need to lose a few pounds in the process. Also, 39 year old mom of two teenage boys... currently finishing up a Psychology degree that I started long enough ago that I'm embarrassed to actually share. But hey - should be done in less than a year now. Welcome!