Graveyard 3rd shift workers? Any health or weight loss secrets to share?

Options
candilc9
candilc9 Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
Seems like all the advice for good health runs contradictory to my lifestyle/situation. Anyone knows any good 3rd shift hacks for general health, weight loss, diet, and/or exercise they'd like to share?

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Jogging in the early morning after you get off from work.
  • candilc9
    Options

Does it keep you awake tho?
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    candilc9 wrote: »

Does it keep you awake tho?

Me personally, if I just woke up and jogged, I'd feel more alert but if I'm up all night I'd be worn out. If it keeps you up, try jogging at dusk before work.
  • candilc9
    Options
    When I walk after work, I can't sleep...I'll try before work. Thx!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Exercise on off days and on your lunch break take a walk and the best one is exercise before work. You can do this best of care.
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I work 6pm-430am 4 days per week. I get my walk/jog in before work, and I do intermittent fasting-somewhat. I do not eat for the first couple of hours after waking up, and I do not eat the last 4-6 hours of my day (which is really night-but my waking hours). It's not a magic weight loss trick, just makes it easier to stay at a calorie deficit. Also when the late in the shift snack attack hits I try to drink water, sip hot tea, or go for a cup of coffee first, before I reach for more food.
  • aphobgood
    aphobgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work three 12s a week from 6p-6a. On the nights I work I workout at home. I usually watch exercise videos on YouTube. On my days off, I go to the gym and/or go to body pump class. I just incorporated mild jogging in my routine as well. I cook meals according to my work schedule so I will have food to eat on lunch breaks and snacks to munch on. Since I’ve had this app I have lost 10lbs.