critiqued for eathing healthy

Options
What's a good come back line for someone who tells you "life's too short to not enjoy dessert?" Something like, "your life may be shortened by too many desserts or unhealthy food?" I bet there are others who get critiqued for turning down unhealthy food.....right?

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I get it a lot. It's sad that people are so uneducated about the relationship between what they eat and their health and longevity. I just try to keep on being an example, cause I've already learned that preaching doesn't help. :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's not the short I'm worried about, it's the wide.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I would tell them, "here then you can eat mine and have some extra enjoyment"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My panties get bunched when I hear people talk about life being too short for this or that.

When you're unhappy, life is very loooooong.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options

Love it!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yea, yours will be short if you keep eating like that!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options

lol! I love that!
  • lhoppe
    lhoppe Posts: 10
    Options
    I would tell them, "here then you can eat mine and have some extra enjoyment"

Love that one!
  • jgranger221
    Options
    I usually say "I've already enjoys several lifetimes' worth of desserts!"
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Life's longer when you eat better?
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My favorite is, "Your life is going to be shortened if you don't get out of my business."

My in-laws love to mark comments about what I eat, or should I say what I avoid eating. We eat dinner together every Sunday, you' think they'd stop by now, but No.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    My husband's parents are TRULY OFFENDED by my not eating their fattening foods. They literally feel that when I reject their food that I am rejecting them. It is sad and makes me not want to be around them.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ooops, I think I've used the 'life is too short' thing twice today in replies. But I always clarify that it is too short for me.... I would never criticize someone else for choosing not to eat something.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

*Like* Well put!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options

hahaha!
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    I get it alot. Weird looks and comments. I had a lady ask me where my treadmill is. I told her in the living room. She was all shocked and asked isn't it an eye sore. I said yes it's big and maybe in the way but it keeps me skinny.

This lady tells me everyday how she's "going to lose weight". Then feels the need to critisize my eating healthy. I laugh.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Love this!!! I wil have to remember this one for later!!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My husband's parents are TRULY OFFENDED by my not eating their fattening foods. They literally feel that when I reject their food that I am rejecting them. It is sad and makes me not want to be around them.

OMG yes ... Apparently I have an eating disorder because I turn down dessert (sigh). This is why the support from people on this site and fellow healthy eaters around you are important.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I tell people who give me grief that sweets give me diarheera (right at the table) and they never give me grief again.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I haven't had anything like that. I often get asked if I am on a diet, but I just say no.