Weight loss and new mommies?

Options
I know I am not alone in this but looking for supporting new moms or moms in general that are wanting to get that baby phat off after pregnancy and come up with ideas for not losing our minds while adulting. Feel free to add me as a friend and add a message to your FR.

Replies

• SatinDoll85
    SatinDoll85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I had a baby 4 wks ago via emergency c section and I'm breastfeeding. Almost 20 came off within 2 weeks but I gained about 50 pounds total soooo I have a ways to go. I started walking last week besser I'm healing very well but I know I have to be strategic since I'm nursing.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you new mommas and happy Mother’s Day! I’ve had three and my last has been the longest I held onto some of the baby weight. Breastfeeding will help in the long run with losing weight but it can also keep a bit on you too since you actually need more calories you’re going to be hungry! My advice is take advantage of nice weather and take baby for walks or even a hike and some simple body weight exercises. I felt like I lost a lot of core strength and I’m still working on it. I’m pretty new around here, I’ll be your friend!
  • AnnikaBriggs16
    AnnikaBriggs16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old. I had a c-section :( and breastfeeding. I gained15 with her but also another 15 from losing 2 before her. So that's 30lbs in 3 years. I lost 50lbs in the past but can't seem to get my motivation back. I would love support and to support others.
  • katejhowarth
    katejhowarth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had mine 3 weeks ago. I already lost 16lbs from my highest pregnancy weight. I have another 16lbs to lose to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight but want to lose 40lbs total.
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you ladies! My son is 2 month's old already and I had to have an emergency C-section as well. I tried to breast feed but he wouldn't take to the breast very well and had to pump. I got about a months worth of milk for him but now bottle feed now. I have about 30 lbs to lose to get down to my pregnancy weight and look forward hearing from you all.
  • Julesmendoza
    Julesmendoza Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Second time mom here, I have a 3 year old and a 1 month old. Gained 60lbs, I was already heavy to start, I have a lot of lbs to loose, working on eating a low car, low sugar diet, just started eating that way, I hope I can stick to it. I’ll add you.
  • MamaEmilija
    MamaEmilija Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m in. 11w pp here. 23 down, 37 to go. I gained way too much the final (8th) month due to complications. Cannot wait to be skinny again. :)
  • AndreaDovick
    AndreaDovick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks pp (when did that happen, my goodness!) with my third in 4 years. Overall I've gained about 30lbs, but I was overweight to begin with, so I'm looking to loose about 70lbs to be in a healthy weight range.
    I've started by simply cutting my portions and cutting out the unhealthy snacks. I also started a couch to 5k program, and I'm doing random body weight exercises, as well as walking with my brood every day. I'm only 2.5 weeks in to this, but I'm feeling good :)
    Feel free to add me to chat, find accountability...whatever, really!
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I'll be 3 weeks postpartum tomorrow and am looking to lose the 35 + lbs I gained during pregnancy. I have 110 lbs to lose overall and had started before becoming pregnant with our little suprise baby #3. (started at 276lbs, got to 206 and became pregnant, had baby restarted weightloss at 255 lbs, got to 215 and surprise I found out I'm pregnant again! Now I'm 248.4 lbs and starting again)

I am breastfeeding so I have to be very aware of any drops in milk production. I am hoping I can drop the baby weight before the year is up but I've had a lot of trouble losing weight while breastfeeding before. I figure if I can't lose the weight I'll switch my focus to healthy eating and weightlifting and try losing pounds after I'm done breastfeeding. Feel free to add me!
  • krobinson2009
    krobinson2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks pp with my second, I had an unplanned c-section. My core strength feels like it's just completely gone. I lost about 30 pounds after my first pregnancy, I got down to about 170 (which was still about 30 pounds over my GW). I unfortunately gained almost all of that back, I think I was around 200 when I got pregnant this time. I gained about 35 pounds, and have lost 30 of that. I'm EBF, so I'm trying to go really slowly with creating a calorie deficit and I will ease back into exercise (once I'm cleared by my Dr.) so I don't kill my supply. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • robynsklar
    robynsklar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m 3.5 months pp. I’ve lost all, but 12 pounds. I’m at 1200 calories a day, which is a bummer. It seems to be the only thing that works even with 2/3 of the time nursing. My supply doesn’t seem to be affected and I drink at least 10 glass of liquid a day. I also eat my exercise calories. Feel free to add me. I like to see what other people eat and have my diary open. I’m a vegetarian and eat lots of little things. I need some motivation for this week.
  • jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My second is almost a year old but I'm still struggling with the weight I gained during pregnancy. I hope you all don't mind if I add you, I could use some support, too.
  • marjorielmoberg
    marjorielmoberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wish they had a nursing edition for this app. That would be super helpful. I’ve never done any socialization on this, but I’d really like to connect with other moms who are trying to get their bodies back without sacrificing their little ones milk. I’m not sure how to add anyone.
  • BabyPhat1980
    BabyPhat1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old. I had a c-section :( and breastfeeding. I gained15 with her but also another 15 from losing 2 before her. So that's 30lbs in 3 years. I lost 50lbs in the past but can't seem to get my motivation back. I would love support and to support others.

My baby is 8 months now but I too, lost a baby and was still overweight by about 20 pounds plus the 30 that I gained during this pregnancy. Long story short I need to lose between 25-35 pounds. Sorry about the losses and congrats on your rainbow baby!
  • BabyPhat1980
    BabyPhat1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also, please add me!
  • Isitua
    Isitua Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pls add me. I’m 10weeks postpartum. I gained over 66pounds during pregnancy, lost 31 of it, 35 to go.