What to do with Carrots?

Options
I have like 4lbs of baby carrots in my fridge. Any ideas on how i can cook them besides the normal?

Replies

• rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have like 4lbs of baby carrots in my fridge. Any ideas on how i can cook them besides the normal?
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just did this the other day. I have a Tupperware microwave steamer and had a ton of baby carrots and some broccoli that had to get used or go to waste.

I put them in the steamer and cooked for 4 - 5 minutes on high.

Spray lighty with 'I cant beleive its not butter'....you would not beleive how AWESOME these come out!! Tender but not mushy.

I've made them several times since then.

Have a great day!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I steam them up a little then add some butter (or spray), balsmic vinegar and a little brown sugar. It's very yummy.
  • kae12
    kae12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure what other ingredients you have on hand, but this is one of my favorite recipes. I don't have the calorie info, but know it is low (2 pts in WW):

Disappearing Carrot Salad
    Serves 4 (3/4 c servings)

1/4 c chopped walnuts
    1 Tbsp shredded coconut meat (unsweetened)
    2 c shredded carrots
    1 medium apple, grated
    1/2 tsp lemon zest
    1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
    1/2 c fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
    1/2 c currants (I use raisins)
    1 1/2 tsp ginger root, minced

Toast walnut pieces and coconut in a low (300) oven. The walnuts will take about 10 minutes and the coconut 5. Chill.

Combine grated carrots, apple, lemon zest, orange and lemon juices, currents, ginger, and a dash of salt. Add walnuts and coconut and serve.

This is soooooo good! :drinker:
  • kae12
    kae12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh, darn it. Just reread your post and realized you said baby carrots. I guess this recipe could still work, but it's more designed for big carrots. Sorry! :blushing: