Frozen dinners and losing the weight.

Options
So I am on a 1200 calorie diet and just eating low calorie frozen dinners and I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. My goal was and still is one pound a week but I'm losing it faster than I thought I would which is great! I don't exercise and I do eat clean sometimes but mostly just frozen dinners and lots of frozen veggies it's easier to count that way. I'm 5'2" started at 150 lbs now I'm 142lbs. My goal is 125.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Are you keeping to 1200 calories a day at least?
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm keeping to the 1200 cal. But sometimes I do go over cuz I'm hungry alot. I take a medication that has a side effect of increasing appetite, so I deal with it with lots of water and watermelon. Haha
  • xOlaf
    xOlaf Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Frozen dinners are also a staple in my diet, even though they're not ideal. It's just so much easier/faster to pop something in the microwave for a few mins and get an entire meal from it! Any particular kind you recommend?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    As long as it makes your life easier, and you are hitting all your nutrient goals, yay you!
    I eat alot of McDonalds and Jack in the box eggs and chicken during tbe week vecause it's easy and I know it fits my goals.
  • TheOnyxStar
    TheOnyxStar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to decide if I should do this. I did Nutrisystem back when I first started this journey and it worked really well for me. It's too expensive now but I'm going to try to do at least a few 'real' meals during the week as well. I know people worry about sodium but as long as I balance I should be good right?

My go-to's are Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice, those taste the best to me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I’m recovering from a broken ankle and suddenly my hubby has been thrown in to the job of chief cook and bottle washer.

We are eating a lot more ready made meals.

He warmed up some Michelinas spaghetti dinners and they were so sad. No meat. And considering how easy it would have been to boil up the pasta...but I digress. I encouraged him to add a few home made frozen meatballs and the meal was SO improved.

The bottom line is that your method is working so go forward with no fear.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    They are in the mix for me, but not a primary component of my diet. They do try to balance out macros and give you a reasonable amount of protein for a light meal. I worry most about protein in my entrees as I will get carbs and some fat from snacks.
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone great advice! :-)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    i mean, if it works for you, i guess. remember, a lot of that weight is water weight and normal when beginning.

the thing you need to keep in mind however, is are you going to eat that crap for the rest of your life to maintain any weight loss you have? I couldnt eat more than one of those a month, but thats me. You may lose weight eating prepackaged things, but will you be able to KEEP it off when you STOP. You havent learned portion sizes, calorie counts of things, what macro combination keeps you satiated, etc. Knowing all of that, helps you maintain your weight once you get to that point.

It depends.

A portion for me is a single serve bag of the frozen Green giant/birdseye veggies. For meat it's 6 or 8 meatballs or 2 burger patties. Seems pretty sustainable to me.