support buddy needed!

Options
i'm using myfitnesspal to track what i'm eating, as i'm newly flour free sugar free. for me, flour and sugar are addictions, and have contributed to my weight gain of 30 lbs, so i am seeking support from others who are focused on eat healthy. let's be friends here on myfitnesspal and comment with encouragement on each others profiles.

blessings.

Replies

• pegloukoppers
    pegloukoppers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have recently went close to carb free it's hard.sugar and carbs are addicting.I have lost over 20lbs in the past four weeks and feel amazing.stick with don't give up it get easier.
  • angeleve6
    angeleve6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I took a nutrition class this last semester, as well as have been seeing a dietitian at the gym I go to for weight loss. Carbs are not bad for you as long as you are eating "healthy" carbs. Your body needs carbs to function. If you give up on carbs fully, your body will start to use protein for energy meaning in the end your body will eat its own muscle.
    It was hard for me but I realized focusing on the scale weight is bad. As long as you gain muscle and lose fat your scale weight will not change but your pants size will.
    Look up body re-composition to see what I mean. You want to gain muscle, while losing fat so your weight stays the same but your body doesnt.
    I have some suggestions and recipes if anyone wants to friend me. I've actually lost 50 pounds already with the weight loss plan I'm on.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Send request now.
  • Saralilith
    Saralilith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have recently went close to carb free it's hard.sugar and carbs are addicting.I have lost over 20lbs in the past four weeks and feel amazing.stick with don't give up it get easier.

thanks yes! as a food addict, it is difficult to be sugar free flour free but i'm on day 2 and already feel amazing on a sugar free flour free eating style! would to be friends here on myfitnesspal!
  • Saralilith
    Options
    angeleve6 wrote: »
    I took a nutrition class this last semester, as well as have been seeing a dietitian at the gym I go to for weight loss. Carbs are not bad for you as long as you are eating "healthy" carbs. Your body needs carbs to function. If you give up on carbs fully, your body will start to use protein for energy meaning in the end your body will eat its own muscle.
    It was hard for me but I realized focusing on the scale weight is bad. As long as you gain muscle and lose fat your scale weight will not change but your pants size will.
    Look up body re-composition to see what I mean. You want to gain muscle, while losing fat so your weight stays the same but your body doesnt.
    I have some suggestions and recipes if anyone wants to friend me. I've actually lost 50 pounds already with the weight loss plan I'm on.

hey! i'm def not giving up carbs! i'm just giving up processed carbs aka flours and sugars. there's lots of science regarding how dangerous both sugars and flours are. :-)
  • Saralilith
    Options
    Tamie_Girl wrote: »
    Send request now.

great! i requested you too!
  • 1besito
    1besito Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2:24 a.m. and my stomach is growling. I had 6 calories left today. I've drank water. Turned on the TV and there seems to be food commercial every single segment. Ugh. Any ideas on curving cravings naturally?
  • TravlnTam
    TravlnTam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been eating a Ketogenic diet since Dec 21st. My goal is 20 carbs a day, they primarily come from vegetables. I’m working with a doctor and have done lots of research on my own. I absolutely love this diet and plan on eating this way the rest of my life. With the exception of a carb increase up to 100 once I reach my goal.

My highest weight was 283, today I’m at 251. I had neuropathy in the sides of my arms and thighs, it was 80% gone after the first week and completely gone after 6 weeks.

I track every day and am 100% focused on reaching my goal.

If you need a buddy and you are serious I’m here for you.
  • anita9876
    anita9876 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok- I am in! My brother has been eating wheat and sugar free for a year and he feels fantastic- he has lost 30 pounds. He has more energy and is able sleep better. My wish is to have less inflammation and exercise more. I feel the extra weight slows me down.
  • lbarrett6791
    lbarrett6791 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need support ! I have decided to do a ketogenic lifestyle as I’ve tried everything and it’s been impossible for me to lose weight ... I have weighed between 162-176 for the last 23 years and I’m so tired of it!! I always feel uncomfortable I haven’t bought any new clothes because of embarrassment... I am 5ft short and fat and I would like to get to 130. I feel that would be a dream come true and I have seen so many people that have done it through this lifestyle and I want it so bad. I am 50 years old and I almost gave up but I’m willing to try this as I have nothing to lose !! I need buddy’s who can encourage me and I can encourage as well ! I started this journey as of 3days ago and my starting weight was 176.
  • jaimennadia
    jaimennadia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of Keto!!