TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
-1 pkg devil’s food cake mix
-1 stick butter, melted
-2 tbsp vanilla
-2 eggs
-¼ c packed brown sugar

-1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
-Cooked bacon (I used 10-12 strips maple-smoked, but I think next time I’ll get the thick-cut kind)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the cake mix, butter, vanilla, eggs, and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about a minute. The dough will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon until well distributed.

Drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet or use a Silpat. My cookies are probably 3-4 tbsp dough (a little larger than a golf ball) per cookie and I can only get 6 on a sheet.

Bake 11 minutes, let cookies rest 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful (maybe because I don't like bacon, lol)....I bet these would be a hit at a potluck, thanks!
  • Airplanedoc616
    Options
    You know this is a weight LOSS site, right? But still, YUM!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful ...

I agree

I don't like meat in my sweets
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yeah...betting this isn't a lo-cal type recipe or anything...lol
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would try this recipe, but just out of curiosity, how many calories would one bite be?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    yummy! i have a fascination with bacon as well as strange cookies. Theres a cookie bar in Chicago that serves jalapeno chocolate chip cookies.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe, but I do very often make Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's a very subtle flavor of bacon and it really just tastes like a salty sweet mixture (like if you were to eat a chocolate covered pretzel, or a peanut m&m). A lot of people are grossed out at first by them, then they try them and don't know how they ever lived without them! And the maple contrasts the bacon and the chocolate very nicely.

this is the recipe i work off of (i changed it a little): http://noblepig.com/2009/12/15/maple-bacon-chocolate-chip-cookies.aspx
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

Actually not. There are people on here who need to gain weight also. It's a fitness site :)

The recipe sounds ick though lol kind of like the whole "chocolate dipped bacon" at the fair.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

This has to be a joke. Not a funny one either.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    as much as i love bacon, i dont want it in my cookies
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'll pass. If I wanted to blow off the diet, I could think of much better recipes. ;)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this and wash it down with a cup of cream.
  • JBeau816
    Options

LOL - I was thinking the same thing... way to be a sabateur!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Those 2 tastes should not be mixed in my opinion...
  • trouserchili
    Options
    There's a little donut shop near me that serves up a maple donut with a chocolate cover bacon slice on top. It's their best seller.

And yes, I've stopped eating them. Ha!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Hey. Sorry. Lost my head for a moment. Someone sent me the recipe. It looked intriguing. Thought I'd share it. Try it or don't try it. I'm probably not going to try it myself, but I'm not going to give the person a ration of *kitten* for sending it to me. I just thanked her and passed it along.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Try it or don't try it. I'm probably not going to try it myself, but I'm not going to give the person a ration of *kitten* for sending it to me. I just thanked her and passed it along.

Yeah, there are lots of people here who seem to think it's okay to diss someone's contribution in writing (and say stuff I bet they wouldn't say if it were a live face to face conversation). Haven't been able to figure that out--if something doesn't sound appealing just move on rather than taking the time to write negative stuff. Sure, it's free country, and folks can write what they want, but it's just a matter of politeness to keep negativity to oneself.

I'm betting that the bacon/chocoloate combo is really good. Ive copied the recipe to see if I can lower the calories...turkey bacon, egg beaters, whey low gold, etc. It will be a fun chemistry experiment!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try it or don't try it. I'm probably not going to try it myself, but I'm not going to give the person a ration of *kitten* for sending it to me. I just thanked her and passed it along.

Yeah, there are lots of people here who seem to think it's okay to diss someone's contribution in writing (and say stuff I bet they wouldn't say if it were a live face to face conversation). Haven't been able to figure that out--if something doesn't sound appealing just move on rather than taking the time to write negative stuff. Sure, it's free country, and folks can write what they want, but it's just a matter of politeness to keep negativity to oneself.

I'm betting that the bacon/chocoloate combo is really good. Ive copied the recipe to see if I can lower the calories...turkey bacon, egg beaters, whey low gold, etc. It will be a fun chemistry experiment!!!

You are being pretty hypocritical in pointing out that others should not speak if it's something negative....yet you felt it was OK when you did. Just sayin...
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love mixing salty and sweet!
  • Quiltmania
    Options
    Sounds interesting to me, like something from the show Chopped on the Food Network. I bet with a little tweaking to make it lower cal, I might be tempted to give it a whirl. Besides, if they're awful, I have teenaged boys who will take them off my hands. :)