Juicing Recipes WITH Calorie Count?

Options
MizzDoc
MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
I have a juicer and would like to start using it again. However, I am seeing how very difficult it is to actually count the calories of a "juiced" drink. I have searched the forums and found a "formula" so to speak but I know I will calculate things wrong. :sad:

Does anyone have some basic recipes (either ones they have used or have obtained from other sources) that they can share? I am not looking for anything complex. Just some basic with apples, carrots, lemons, limes, etc. Basic fruit for the most part. If there are some on the forums, just point me to them-- I didn't see too many with calorie count.

Any suggestions or ideas would be really appreciated!:flowerforyou:

Oh and while I was searching the Internet for this kinda of info, I cam across this very cool on site on things to do with the "pulp". http://www.thebestjuicerreviews.com/juicer-pulp-recipes.html

Replies

• seymoneisgoing2lose
    Options
    bumping... I would like to know this also.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i kist picked up a juicer cookbook :) I will have a look through it and get back to you if she included nutrition info or not
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Oh bless you BettyBoop! If you find anything, please let us know!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    That's a good point since juicing processes stuff out of the fruit/veg :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    well looks like i got you excited for nothing....she didnt add her nutrition info...well I will keep my eyes open and let you know any i find...just remember it is definitely going to be healthier than any bought juices
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yup - especially if you drink it within minutes of juicing it.....
  • holsworth
    Options
    I'm not sure if you ever found your answer to how to log your juice. I did a search in the data base by just putting in "raw Juice" and a bunch of options came up for different juicer veggie/fruit combinations.
  • NaloMeli
    NaloMeli Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm not sure if you ever found your answer to how to log your juice. I did a search in the data base by just putting in "raw Juice" and a bunch of options came up for different juicer veggie/fruit combinations.

Thank you - this is good new for me, I'm new to MFP and wasn't sure how to do this!
  • Wizardtom
    Options
    To count to calories of a juiced drink simply means subtracting the fiber content. Fiber is 4 calories per gram.

This will get you "roughly" there. The long answer is; It also depends on how efficient your juicer is. If you have a twin auger juicer you'll get pretty much 100% of the juice out of stalk and leaf veggies but you won't extract everything from soft fruits. If your using a fruit press you'll likely get a lot of the juice from fruits but depending on model, also get some of the fiber. If your using a spinning blade/basket type you'll likely notice wet pulp from veggies and fruits and if you do you're losing more calories from the total.