Hello trying to lose 50 pounds... again

Options
Dutchgirly
Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
Hi everyone! I was on medication that made me gain a lot of weight! Really trying to lose 50 pounds.
Current weight: 180 pounds
Goal weight: 130 pounds
I would like to elevate my fitness/activity level! Just trying to find like minded people. Mostly low carb diet. Interested in Keto, but I don’t even know where to begin.

Replies

• toseeme
    toseeme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on a journey to lose 70 lbs. Current weight 194; Goal weight 124. I am on a 1200 calorie daily intake. I wouldn't say I was trying to eliminate carbs but I am attempting to give up bread, (excluding the last two days). So hard :smile: Anyway, feel free to add me. I would love the company.
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love bread! As long as I meal prep I don’t think about it.
  • VictoryWarriorat60
    VictoryWarriorat60 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I’m 56 and trying to lose 70 as well. I think I just reached a tipping point and said “enough is enough” so I started MyFitnessPal 5 weeks ago on 1200 cals a day. My weight was 198lb but this morning I weighed 184.4lb. Whoohoo! I ‘m so pleased !!! I’m really starting to feel lighter and positive that I WILL reach my goal weight of 128 lb. I have cut out bread at lunch time and instead have noodles or rice. I’ve also reduced my caffeine intake as well, going from 8-10 cups of tea a day to 1 or 2 which means all that sugar is gone too. Really enjoying MyFitnessPal and now taking up some much needed exercise.