Cottage Cheese Smoothies

Options
I like to put cottage cheese in my smoothie with spinach and fruit. It makes it creamier.

Replies

• vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Haven’t tried that before. I like hot sauce and chips with my cottage cheese :#:#
  • HollyJean2013
    HollyJean2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ooo that's different I might have to try it. I'm on a crazy smoothie kick lately❤❤❤
  • HollyJean2013
    HollyJean2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    vallary14 wrote: »
    Haven’t tried that before. I like hot sauce and chips with my cottage cheese :#:#

Hot sauce in cottage cheese is bomb
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a smoothie combination of kale, strawberry, Valencia orange and celery with 1/4-1/2 tsp chia seeds
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I do that too, especially when I’m out of yoghurt and I have cottage cheese. I really like the flavour it adds. Sometimes I’ll add Greek yoghurt and cottage cheese, and I think I like that combination the best.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Kefir (from the Caucasus), filmjolk (from Iceland), or ryazhenka (from Russia) are thick cultured liquids and make for a nice smoothie. I also like to add low-fat ricotta cheese which blends in nicely. Ryazhena is made with baked milk so it has a light caramel color and flavor, but it can be hard to find.
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that! I love cottage cheese!
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have been putting cottage cheese in my smoothies for years. A favorite: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 frozen banana, 2 packets Truvia, 1 cup water and about 12 ice cubes. Blend and enjoy!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea. Do you notice the salt?