Hi everyone!

Options
Hi everyone! :) I'm a 38 year old mum of two kids (5 and 10) living in Switzerland. My weightloss goal is 8 kilos (18 pounds). My bigger goal is feeling well, fit, healthy and strong! I'm a bit of a bookworm but I'm hoping to incorporate daily fitnes into my "indoorsy" lifestyle ;) I'm also aiming to achieve/maintain good daily nutrition levels whilst following a rather restrictive vegan/wheat-free/gluten-free diet (recommended by a doctor due to inflammation of the digestive system... but hey silver lining it stops me eating donuts, icecream, melted cheese on everything :D . But enough about me - good luck everyone and wishing you all the best on your journey to the healthiest version of you! :)

Replies

• dwal1073
    dwal1073 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone- I have been away for quite some time and have had some ups and downs along the way with my weight loss journey. There was a time-frame where I couldn't workout due to scarring of lung tissue from pneumonia and the weight packed on. However, since Veterans Day last year- I have lost 56 pounds to date and although in great "fighting form" - I still have about 8-10 pounds of stubborn fat to go. I am in a maintenance stage and not really dieting- more of gaining muscle and losing the body fat. I am down to 8% visceral fat and 20% body fat with goal of 7 and 15 respectively. I am happy to say I am back to running again and actually faster than I have been since my early 30s. Right now I am at an 8:14 per mile pace and training to get myself down to an 8 minute per mile pace. Life is good and excited to be back to the old/newer me!
  • FromJellyToRock
    FromJellyToRock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi dwal1073 :) I think you might have meant to post in the forum instead of reply to me - but happy to read your journey anyway! Awesome to read how far you've come - really inspiring! 56 pounds weightloss is a great echievement! :)
  • RjMaan
    RjMaan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. Wish you best of luck for your goals.
  • FromJellyToRock
    FromJellyToRock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) same to you!